Consumption of energy in the USA in the Past and Future

Bunglon11 28 / 31 5  
The graph below gives information from Annual Energy Outlook 2008 about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projection until 2030.

A breakdown of Power Consumption by Fuel in United States over a half-century period since 1980 with prediction till 2030 reported by Annual Energy Outlook 2008 and is measured by quadrillion units, is illustrated by line chat. At first glance, there is a significant difference in the number of fuel usage for energy consumption in U.S. while Petrol and Oil usage is predicted to continue rising, Hidropower shows the reverse.

Moving to the detailed analysis, the number of power consumption was dominated by Petrol and Oil which stood at 35 quadrillions. Although 1980 to 2000 showed a fluctuation decrease, there was a regular rise after that year and is projected to increase continually till 2030 at more than 47 quadrillions. However, starting at the same position in the lowest number, Nuclear, Solar/Wind and Hidrowater showed the fluctuation pattern. While the Nuclear and Sloar/Wind increased slightly and is predicted remaining constant, the Hidrowater usage is projected to drop slowly.

Turning to the next information, the number of Natural Gas and Coal usage witnessed a erractic pattern. Although Natural Gas was more dominance at the first period than Coal, at approximately 20 quadrillions and 16 quadrillions, over a 10-year period from 2020 to 2030, Coal is projected rising significantly through Natural Gas which is predicted remaining constant in the last period.

yus72 6 / 6 1  
Hi bunglon, where are you? I appreciate with your writing, I just give you little correction about your tenses in your paraphrase :

At first glance, there ishas been a significant difference in (...) for energy consumption in U.SUS . while Petrol and Oil usage ...

Home / Writing Feedback / Consumption of energy in the USA in the Past and Future