"the controlled use of power brings out hidden traits" - Essay evaluation

SumGMAT 2 / 2  
Of all the manifestations of power, restraint in the use of that power impresses people most

The quotation indicates the controlled use of power brings out hidden traits of an individual which is required to impress people. I agree with the quotation. (Is my understanding correct?)

Power to an individual may mean differently. Power may vary right from power of being a minister or power of being a dean of college or power of being a CEO of company etc. However among all the examples there is one question which is common - "How do we exercise power".

There are many indicators for power such as restraint use of power, policy making, leading in projects, changes in society, uplifting employees or society, upgrading nation, raising company, raising individuals etc.

Incorrect utilization of power leads to lack of trust in leader and thus leading problems like corruption, rift in working culture, lack of harmony among employees which are not manifested directly. Correct use of power will bring in more transparency and belief in leader having power.

Let me try explaining with an example of Mahatma Gandhi. He is leader of our Nation and had many followers in India. Even during British Empire time he had people support power however he used it restrained manner thus making him a world renowned leader. Let me try to give another example from corporate world - Mr R Raju from Satyam who used his powers to influence auditors to change his company valuation figures which lead him to jail and thus maligning his image among his company employees.

Thus people follow the leaders who do not get carried away by power and use power in right sense and thus winning the hearts of people.
dey 2 / 2  
If the first sentence is a quotation, then it should be put in quotations. I feel that the paragraphs need a little more work.
OP SumGMAT 2 / 2  
Thanks Dey,

Do you intend to mean in adding more english or correcting grammer or adding more examples?

Please feel free to be good critique...I am here to improve..

Sum

Home / Writing Feedback / "the controlled use of power brings out hidden traits" - Essay evaluation