Convenience foods will become increasingly prevalent and eventually replace traditional foods

Krystal318 9 / 20 2  
Convenience foods will become increasingly prevalent and eventually replace traditional foods and traditional methods of food preparation.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this?

- IELTS WRITING TASK 2

334 words

Some people argue that the popularity of pre-processed foods will sooner or later change the way people eat and cook completely different from our old methods. In my perspective, I highly doubt that traditional foods and traditional cooking styles will be replaced though I believe the increase in convenience foods can not be denied.

The prevalence of advertisements aiming at promoting the convenience of processed foods has successfully gained people's trust. Living in a fast-paced life where most people are in a rush to workplaces and schools, the idea of a quick and delicious breakfast in a convenient store is such a savior. No wonder the number of convenient stores has skyrocketed over the places which has clearly proved that people's eating habit is significantly adapting to the new one.

Secondly, with the mass production of such convenience foods, the price has splashed out substantially which encourages more consumption. The technological advances in food production have leaped off a huge step and be able to produce a large number of packed foods in which enable to serve buyers with competitive price. By contrast, traditional foods have not received much support from producers to spread their popularity.

On the contrary, despite the immense prevalence of convenience foods, traditional foods, as well as traditional ways of cooking, still play a crucial role in every household. To illustrate, cooking shows that value the old methods of food preparation are still very welcomed by viewers. People also assume the taste of fresh food is way better than it is from industrial food. Therefore, the value of the old methods never seems to lose its power in front of the simultaneous invasion of new types of foods.

In conclusion, the development of convenience food is obviously increasing with more convenient stores being built, more consumers for such products; nevertheless, people still aware that it is traditional foods which will give people healthier nutrients and even better taste. Thus, people are not likely to entirely cut off their traditional foods.
Avoid changing the discussion reference from the original prompt. All your restatement references should have supporting factors or a basis of its representation, within the original prompt. So when you indicate that "Some people argue...", you are changing the discussion reference point from a discussion, which is the common set up for the topic presentations in task 2, to argumentative or a debate, when there is no reference to such in the original presentation. You should strive for restatement accuracy as you are scored heavily on that in the TA section.

Remember that all agree or disagree discussions are based on a single opinion presentation. It cannot be addressed in a comparative form as you did as you are clearly asked to represent a measured response to one side of the discussion ( To what extent do you agree or disagree with this? ) The change from single opinion to comparative discussion resulted in your response not being appropriate for the discussion as you changed the discussion focus from single opinion to comparative. This change in discussion slant will result in a lower than expected TA score. You already have 2 errors in the TA section as of now, meaning your essay may begin at a base failing score for its overall scoring possibility.

Home / Writing Feedback / Convenience foods will become increasingly prevalent and eventually replace traditional foods