IELTS: Convenience foods cannot replace traditional methods of cooking

smogito 4 / 7  
Convenience foods will become increasingly prevalent and eventually replace traditional foods and traditional methods of food preparation. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Nowadays we can find almost every kind of meals in the fridge of the supermarket already cooked, packed and ready to heat and eat. This fact has made ours lives easier and its acceptance seems to be more and more usual. But, will convenience foods become prevalent over traditional foods?

As a matter of fact, none can deny buying everyday convenience foods is far cheaper than going all the weekdays to the cantine at work or at University. Though, even when prices are getting lower and lower, we would never save so much money as cooking the same dishes by ourselves.

This last point is a complete truth when it cames to a family, but in case you live alone sometimes you can't simply buy all the ingredients because it takes the risk of going off before you use all of them. And, of course, it takes a lot of time to prepare a different meal for each day.But for a little money you can get any kind of food with plenty of variety, from Spanish to Indian food, without gluten or for vegetarian diets, with long expiration date.

This saves a lot of time: you only need a day in the week to go and choose seven meals from all around the world and enjoy the rest of your free time without cooking.

All in all, even when is getting more and more importance, convenience foods could never replace traidional methos of cook preparation as the result is not so food as traditional food, although convenience foods are a very good alternative.
Alicesh 3 / 4  
your essay doesn't have an ielts structure. The paragraphs are not well arranged .and it seems whole body part just considers discuss just one point. Your third paragraph follows your idea in second. So try to point out to 2 issue in your body and explain them
erinoneillxo 1 / 2  
Make a reference to a commonly known documentary, I suggest Super size me.
OP smogito 4 / 7  
- Do you think I should say "every kind of meals in the supermarket" or "every kind of meals in supermarket" ?
- Are you sure I must say "none can deny buying convenience foods are far cheaper..." instead of "is far cheaper" as 'is' is refered to buying (singular) and not to convenience foods (plural)

I'm very thankful for your answer, I find it very useful.
I'd just want to point out a few things about this topic for the next people thinking about trying it:
- To expire is when food or medicine past their use-by date
- To become stale is used for bread or vegetables (they lose their freshness)
- For foods such as milk, mayonaise,... they use to go bad or to go off.
- Convenience food is not the same as fast food!! Convenience foods is what you find in the supermarket ready to heat and serve. Fast food is served in restaurants such as mcdonalds! I haven't watched Supersize me but I think is about the second topic ;)
OP smogito 4 / 7  
Thank you very much :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Convenience foods cannot replace traditional methods of cooking