Cooking doesn't take much time any longer - Has this improved the way people live?

punkart 1 / 1  

cooking food is fast today

In the past, people had much time to prepare food. They engaged in agriculture and then cooked themselves' fruit and vegetables. Because they had no job, they just did agriculture. So, people ate food which include completely natural ingredients. Now, in the technological era, we are cooking food including hormone-injected vegetables and fruit. Does not our era have any advantages? In this essay, I will compare past and present dishes' advantages and disadvantages.

To begin with, nowadays, it is getting easier to cook food and that has many advantages. The first advantage is that cooking food is easier than past. Recently, preparing food in a short time is crucial because people in business life spend draining hours and they need to rest after they came to their house. But in the past, humans killed time in the kitchen for two or three meals a day for their family. For this reason, the need for making food swiftly is inevitable in our era. Secondly, tasting different cultures of dishes is easier now. For instance, in order to cook an Asian food in Turkey, you just need to search for the recipe on the internet, after that you can buy the required ingredients and finally start cooking. Previously, people just ate dishes which include home-grown vegetables and fruit because their trade was not advanced. Lastly, the number of women in business life increased lately. In the past, married women just did housework, prepared food for their family. Now, with the facilitation of cooking, dozens of women have started to work. As a result, getting ease to cook food simplify our life.

On the other side, the tools that are used to ease cooking food have some disadvantages. And that tools can be unhealthy. To start with, cutting boards can be harmful. Raw meat can contain bacteria that cause serious illnesses. You should always use separate cutting boards meat and vegetables. Secondly, plastic food storage containers can contain chemicals. Some manufacturers add special chemicals which can cause serious illnesses according to recently research reports. Thirdly, microwave ovens cause loss of vitamins. Because most of the vitamins are sensitive to heat, the amount of vitamin in food decreases due to temperature, light and oxygen. In conclusion, currently, people consume food including non-seasoned ingredients. Seasonal fruit and vegetables must gain ground to reach your home. This situation affects the fresh taste and it causes vitamin deterioration and nutrient loss.

I strongly believe that these two opposite conditions are one within the other. In our era, people who live in villages exist in agriculture. They consume natural ingredients, live a healthy and orderly life, wake up early in the morning. The best example for this situation is my grandparents. They live in village of Antakya, Turkey. They grow garden-stuff and go short them. People living in cities just drain the minutes to be filled up because they have enabling technologies such as microwave oven, Internet and some machines.

To sum up, the way people live has changed dreadfully. Advantages of our era is so strong. Scores of women in business increased. People excessively have time to rest because cooking food does not take much time.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
I would suggest paraphrasing and/or revising your first paragraph, especially the introduction portion. The direction of the paragraph in terms of narrative-building was quite unclear. You weren't able to build up the specific correlation between having enough time to prepare food and taking in completely natural ingredients. I would suggest, instead, to scrap the first three sentences and be straightforward that you want to do a comparative analysis on the preparation of food between now and then.

Regarding the content of your second paragraph, your second point about tasting various dishes from diverse cultures does not relay a significant contribution to your essay's overall theme. What does this diversity in dishes imply about current methods of preparation that cannot be found before? If you're making claims, make sure that you mention historical data regarding it. Furthermore, it will also help if the data is as specific as it can be.

Apart from this, the overarching tone of the essay is good. I suggest simply looking into small grammatical mistakes, run-on sentences(frequently sprinkled throughout the text, however is noticeable in the second to last paragraph), and misuseof verbs. The last paragraph also does not have a specific contribution in its current location. I suggest integrating your ideas there to the second to the last one to create a more substantial and opinionated conclusion.
OP punkart 1 / 1  
Hi, Maria. Thank you for your feedback. I want to explain my thoughts about my essay topic. This essay my homework and the topic is "Has this improved the way people live?" Firstly, in the essay, I want to clear up difference of past and present. So, in the first paragraph I mentioned it. I will take into consideration your suggestions, thank you again.
Hammy 13 / 35  
your ideal make me have some confusion
firstly, i think it's a long and rambling essay, just because the topic is ''Cooking doesn't take ...'' and the question is '' has this improved the way people live?'', your essay should explain for yes side or no side instead of discussion.

secondly, i think it's quite sensitive to mention about the woman like that ''Lastly, the number of women ... simplify our life''. i feel like discrimination between the genders. you can add some information in your sentences as in some countries or in some families, to avoid misconception

Home / Writing Feedback / Cooking doesn't take much time any longer - Has this improved the way people live?