Core curriculum seek students that are both good at their career and other important disciplines

gabrieloandco 10 / 11 11  
Test 3 TOEFL. Summarize a reading and listening passage.

Core curriculum has the objective of developing an integral professional. It doesn´t seek students that can solve mathematical problems outstandingly nor students that can write a critically acclaimed essay, but students that are both good at their career and other important disciplines. However, these interdisciplinary oriented courses are not left without flaws.

For instance, it is said that many of these courses are easy and irrelevant; therefore they should be replaced or removed. This problem can be addressed by adding the study of current issues, like problems regarding gender and cultural diversity in our current society.

It is also argued that the students don´t receive enough guidance to enroll the courses that are more accord to their vocational needs. This can be fixed by further expanding the diversity of subjects; that way every student will have the option to expand is knowledge in a determined area.

Finally, there is a demand for more creativity in these courses, like the addition of volunteer work and internships. This practical labor will give the students a broader perspective of life, and they will also learn skills that apply to any career.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people have asked me for the passages that I'm summarizing, but since I take them from a software, I can't write them here. Also, it would be probably illegal to do so because of copyright.
Hi Gabriel, though it is true that, to post the passage for this project will be a question of legality,but what you can do is to make sure that the subject of the essay is properly elaborated, in doing so, you will be able to build a solid foundation of the essay, therefore shedding light to this clarification on not posting the passage.

Further to your essay, core curriculum is an absolute must in a our process of learning and most schools and institutions need to impose this as much as they can. Mathematics and English are a must and true enough, in the end, one will actually realize that this subjects helps us in our daily life.

Overall, the presentation of the essay is very neat, the ideas are all streamlined to the purpose of the essay, however, I believe the last paragraph can still be enhanced.

- This practical laborpractical activities will give the students a broader perspective ofin life, and they will also learndevelop skills that applycan be applied to any career.

There you have it Gabriel, I hope the above remarks are helpful to your revision.

Home / Writing Feedback / Core curriculum seek students that are both good at their career and other important disciplines