Correct my writing (IELTS Task1: Describe chart about USA marriage and divorce rates)

PPTaro 1 / 1  
I have been preparing myself in order to take an IELTS test.
I do not use English in everyday life so it is hard for me to write an essay. It would be great if I have someone to give me comments and suggestions. Please help me correct my essay.

Thank you.
Task 1 (IELTS cambridge 6 Test4)
The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.

I dont know how to put the picture in this page. T_T

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Write at least 150 words.

The bar charts describe the amount of marriages and divorces people in the USA during 1970 and 2000, and the number of adult Americans in term of their marital status in 1970 and 2000.

According to the first bar chart, it can be clearly seen that the number of couple who married was approximate two times of the couple who divorced. The number of marriages was 2.5 millions people in 1970 and maintained the same level at 2.5 millions people in 1980. After that it decreased steadily to 2 millions people in 2000.

On the other hand, the number of divorces was only 1 millions people which is a half of married people. Overall, the number of divorces fluctuated between 1 millions people and 1.4 millions people in 1970 and 2000 respectively.

Second bar chart illustrates the percentage of marital adults' American status in 1970 and 2000. Interestingly, married status occupied major share of American people which were 70 and 59 percentage in 1970 and 2000 respectively. Married and widowed statuses decreased from 70 and 9 to 59 and 5 percentage respectively. On the contrary, people who never married and divorced increased in the same period of time.

In conclusion, married status of adults American dropped gradually between 1970 and 2000. Those were the major proportion of American citizen.
The bar charts describe the number of marriages and divorces of people in the USA betweenthe years 1970 to 2000, and the number of adult Americans in term of their marital status from 1970 to 2000.

...it can be clearly seen that the number of couples who married was approximatelytwice that of the couples who divorced.

The number of marriages was 2.5 millions people in 1970 and maintained the same level at 2.5 millions people in 1980. After that it decreased steadily to 2 millions people in 2000.

The second bar chart illustrates the percentage of married adults' American status from 1970 to 2000.

That was the major portion of American citizens.
OP PPTaro 1 / 1  
Thank you very much Susan ^^

Home / Writing Feedback / Correct my writing (IELTS Task1: Describe chart about USA marriage and divorce rates)