IELTS WRITING :Countries are becoming similar, what are causes, and effects ?

hahong 6 / 11 5  
Topic: Countries are becoming similar, what are causes, and effects of this trend ?

Some people believe that countries are becoming similar and there is no urge to explore the world while others claim that this trend is conduvice to saving people's expense for travelling. My essay will shed light on causes.advantages and disadvantages behind this trend.

One of the first contributors to the existence of this trend is that by virtue of globalization, business is becoming increasingly international.No sooner have multi-national companies expand their market than their products appear ubiquitous in the world.For example , by living in Viet Nam people can consume such products as KFC,Ford, which are able to find in most contries like American,England,China and so on.Equally important., in order to attract more tourists, governments in developing and poor countries tend to use the architecture of French,Greek,Italia to errect buildings,shopping malls and parks. That's why you can see a wide variety of buildings that look similar in different parts of the world. Another reason is that Immigration breeds culural diversity so that people from all walks of life learn to live together and share their own culutres and festivals, making countries similar. Take Halloween as a typical explame.It is not only celebrated in western countries like US,Canada,Britain but also in such asian countries as Viet Nam,China,Malaysia.

Effects are numerous and ambivalent. On one hand, this trend help people save a great amount of money in travelling as there is nothing to explore the world when the similarity between countries is exist.In addtion, developing and poor nations whose culture is backward can learn good quintessence from other developed countries to become more civilized and richer.However,Only after countries imitate cultures of each other is tourism suffering most with the number of vistiors gradually decresing. Moreover, the need to enrich knowledge and learn the differences is stifled.

In conclusion, there are several causes that making countries become similar. I strongly belive that governments should take impacts of this trend into consideration to minimize negative effects on their economy as well as the society.
Godiva 3 / 4  
Sentence like" Immigration breeds culural diversity so that people from all walks of life learn to live together and share their own culutres and festivals" is a little confusing. It seems like you highlight the benefits of immigration instead of its demerits, say leading to cultural homogenization。
hthiara 2 / 2  
For the sentence, "Effects are numerous and ambivalent." I kind of got lost. Did you mean the effects of globalization?
Some people believe that countries are becoming similar and there is no urge to explore the world while others claim that this trend is conduvice to saving people's expense for travelling.

...Your topic does not indicate anything about people's interests in travelling around the world. I'd advise you to stick to your topic and introduce it to the reader in its real sense. It's important to keep a proper alignment with your topic.

My essay will shed light on causes (no full stop), advantages and disadvantages behindof this trend.

One of the firstFirst, contributors to the existence of this trend is that by virtue of globalization, business is becoming increasingly international.

.... this sentence has some grammar issues and also your idea is not presented clearly :(
First, globalization , that took place after the second world war as a result of increased international trade and people migrations, is the main reason for this trend.
homsai 11 / 24 5  
I think that your essay does not closely relate to the topic.
And your points are not very clear. The traveling factor you mentioned does nothing to the topic.

If I were you, I would focus on globalization and assimilation of different culture. Also talking about how the internet make our planet a very small village in teams of culture.

then the effects might be: people are able to understand each other all around the world. And share the same interest, such as festival, sports, hobby. After that, I believe I will cover the down side as well, such as the lesser known culture may become extinct, the identity of small country might be lose and etc.

Hope my personal ideas will help you.

Thanks for sharing~ wish you luck.
nada english 2 / 6 1  
products as KFC,Ford, which (are able to find) in most contries like American,England,China and so on

I think it is better to say ( can be found )

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING :Countries are becoming similar, what are causes, and effects ?