Countries are becoming similar. What is an effect of this situation? IELTS TASK 2

db723 5 / 7 1  
Differences between countries become less evident each year. Nowadays, all over the world people share the same fashions, advertising, brands, eating habits and TV channels. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of this?

We are living in a global village, where there is a shift in people's lifestyle ranging from fashions to eating habits. It is true that countries are becoming similar under globalisation. I take the view that drawbacks of this trend outweigh benefits.

On the one hand, it is undeniable that the cultural globalisation brings benefits. The most significant merit is big brands are available to consumers worldwide. Individuals living in every corner of the world are able to purchase products from elsewhere. For example, Asian residents can buy the latest style of fast fashion clothes produced by H&M, a Swedish company. It is possible for citizens to follow the fashion trend. Similarly, people have access to taste overseas cuisine. The evident example is McDonald's is prevalent around the world, which can be seen in most cities.

On the other hand, there are many disadvantages of this global trend. Firstly, cultural identity might be missing during the process of globalisation. The disappearance of traditional products is a severe consequence of globalisation. People pay more attention to international goods and neglect domestic ones. To illustrate, Chinese traditional dressing styles have been displaced by Western styles. Thus, cultural identity is dropping in this process. With the influence of cultural identity loss, more and more countries are losing attraction to tourists. Countries which are increasingly similar provide ubiquitous products but unique ones. Tourists are not willing to pay for products available worldwide, instead, they prefer identical national stuffs, such as appealing local food and interesting souvenirs.

In conclusion, globalisation has benefited people from fashions to eating habits. However, I believe drawbacks of this trend are more significant. It is expected that countries could make national traditions and international products well-balanced.

Word count: 286

Thanks!
Isabelle, this is a pretty impressive piece of work. Your opinion is based upon well known facts about the effects of globalization and offers a clear discussion of each side, the pro and the con. Your language use is also acceptable. Though some mistakes in grammar exist, it does not interfere with the thoughts that you are sharing with the reader.

I did see some parts that can use grammar correction.Let me show you what I mean below:

Par. 1:
We are living live in a global village,
I take the view that THE drawbacks of this trend outweigh THE benefits.

Par. 2:
On the one hand, it IT is undeniable that the cultural globalisation brings benefits.
buy the latest style of fast fashion clothes produced by H&M
the LATEST fashion trend.
Similarly, people have access to taste overseas cuisine.
The evident example is McDonald's is prevalent around the world, which can be seen in most cities WHICH ALLOWS PEOPLE OVERSEAS TO TASTE THE AMERICAN BURGER.

Par. 3:
On the other hand, there THERE are ALSO many disadvantages of this global trend.
Firstly, c Cultural identity might be missing DISAPPEAR during the process of globalisation.
Thus, cultural identity is dropping DETERIORATING in this THE process.
With the influence of LOSS OF cultural identity loss ,
more and more countries are losing attraction to tourists.
Countries which are increasingly similar provide ubiquitous products but NOT unique ones.
they prefer identical national stuffs ,

Home / Writing Feedback / Countries are becoming similar. What is an effect of this situation? IELTS TASK 2