In many countries not enough students are choosing to study science subject. Causes and effects?

Vivian0209 1 / -  
In many countries not enough students are choosing to study science subject.

Causes and effects?

Nowadays, it is experienced that students are not likely to choose science subject for studying in many nations. This trend can stem from many reasons, which can give rise to several issues.

There are a number of factors responsible for the tendency in which science subject has not been favoured by students. It requires them a retentive memory with a wide range of knowledge, which make students hardly approach. As a result, students, especially those who reckon that science subject like biology, chemistry, ... is not suitable for them may become demotivated and may not acquire any knowledge after lessons. Another cause could be that science subjects are not necessary these days anymore. That is to say, present-day jobs do not require scientific knowledge as much as they did in the past, so that students tend to choose an easier way to gain their competencies by majoring in other subjects.

However, favouring other subjects rather than science one could lead to several problems. First of all, jobs that require soft skills such as communication or time management could be more competitive. In other words, as there is a great number of students studying subjects like arts, music..., they may have to compete fiercely with others to get a decent job. Consequently, it will lead to an increase in unemployment rate in the future. Another issue could be that job market would be unbalanced.

Social jobs like businessperson, customer service, ... will lack job opportunities for graduates. Meanwhile, scientific jobs like investigator, scientist... will become redundant in the future
In conclusion, students does not choose science subject to study for several reasons and this could result in a number of issues.
vuvietha 2 / 3  
personally, I think that you should avoiding using "..." in your writing. instead, using different phrase such as " and so forth or " and so on". "..." should become " Social jobs ... service, and so on".

''nowadays'' is an old word that hardly be used in ielts. using these days or in recent years could be better.
good luck!
amira11545 8 / 15 5  
Nowadays, it is experienced that... ( I just think that using " perceived" is way better )
... those who reckon that science subject ( "reckon" is informal , so I think you should replace it by a more academic word such as "suppose", " acknowledge", etc.

Home / Writing Feedback / In many countries not enough students are choosing to study science subject. Causes and effects?