IELTS Task 2: Many countries increase the amount of household garbage going to landfill every year.

Hannielee 1 / 3  
Many countries increase the amount of household garbage going to landfill every year. What are the causes? What can be done to reduce it?
---

Reducing garbage of household

In many countries, environmental pollution is a serious problem. It mostly comes from daily activities of citizens. Household garbage is one of the most crucial reasons creating issues to the environment. Indeed, families' rubbish rapidly increases. There are many causes of this problem. Consequently, reducing the amount of garbage to landfill every year is necessary to protect human's life and the environment.

Every year, there is the amazing development of the populations in many developing countries. Therefore, consumptions become higher. This leads to the rising of rubbish dumps. Additionally, the modern society creates a lot of equipment to make our life easier and more convenient. Bottles, papers, rubbers, and plastics are some materials used to produce a lot of supportive stuff. Without an appropriate management or recycling methods, these used objects are normally thrown out to our surroundings and take part in another process of damaging our environment. As a consequence, it is necessary to limit the amount of household garbage as low as possible.

Because of its importance and urgency, Governments should pay a high attention to reduce the amount of household garbage to their dumps. Popular education may be the first recommendation. Public environment protected training and recycling guidelines are priority (should be prior) activities for citizens to have knowledge of solving their own rubbish. Moreover, many countries may issue many useful rules, such as increasing taxes for many materials, supplying more bins in public areas, online bills, and strict punishments. Nevertheless, every individual and each family are requested to spend their time for recycling garbage and using the recycling stuff.

It is undeniable that our environment needs to be protected. Reducing garbage of household is one of the musts (a must). So, we could live in a fresh air and enjoy our lives.

(321 words)
Hang, you are taking an IELTS Task 2 test. This means, you are not allowed to start your discussion of the topic in the first paragraph. That is meant to only provide a restatement of the prompt requirements. It cannot house the actual discussion because those are required elements for paragraphs 2-4 of the essay, prior to the statement of the conclusion. The correct presentation for this opening paragraph is:

Countries increasingly fill landfills with trash from residences on a yearly basis. There are a number of factors that cause this. In this essay, I will present 2 causes of increased waste in dumping grounds. I will also make a suggestion as to how this can be reduced in the future.

Now, your body paragraphs are mere representations of various reasons why the garbage lots fill up. It does not really explain why this happens. Just that these are the causes for the increased rubbish in these disposal areas. So you will lose points for incompletely developed paragraph presentations. Your solution discussion is also difficult to understand and borders on the incoherent due to the problem with your sentence structures. It takes a few repeated readings before one can figure out what the point of the paragraph is.

Please do not present information in parenthesis. Any statement that you make needs to be connected to the existing paragraph structure, this method of presentation removes that connection and makes the parenthesis contained information irrelevant to the discussion.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2: Many countries increase the amount of household garbage going to landfill every year.