IELTS; Should all countries have laws to prevent animals being used in circuses ?

scorpio 1 / 1  
Some countries have laws that prohibit animals being used in circuses or other forms of entertainment because it is cruel to keep animals in an environmental that can cause them stress.

Should all countries have laws to prevent animals being used in circuses and similar forms of entertainment?

Nowadays, a lot of countries have introduced the law to protect animals from being use in entertainment activities. However, some people believed that the animals play an important role in giving children opportunity to get close to them and learn about the things they able to do. Personally, I am convinced that there is no reason why animals should be utilized in recreational activities thanks to the following explanations.

To begin with, when animals become a mean of making money, it implies that they have to live in a stressful environment and under pressure. To attract a great audience, from wild beast living in natural habitats, they have to suffer the strict, even the cruel training technique. The only thing they learn is how to behave unnaturally, so big animals such as a lion or a tiger might be unwilling to cooperate and consequently will be harshly punished by their trainers for not doing something that it would not do instinctively ... In addition, living in the circuses means they have no chance to come back into the wild. The boss of the circuses has to spend a large amount of money on these animals, so what they want to do is taking advantages of every opportunity to create income and profit. Leaving the animals back to the natural environment is becoming impossible.

The further reason why animals should not be used in entertainment is the fact that they are easily injured or even died. To have impressive performance to a wide range of audiences, they need to travel across the country in different severe weather conditions. Together with the lack of qualified health care and appropriate diet, they are rarely in the state of good health. Moreover, many big animals are confined to filthy and cramped cages, which contribute to the spread of diseases. This lead to the exhaustion in their health and they maybe die by the above reasons.

Last but not least, there have been many documented incidents and accidents of animals used in the entertainment industry causing injury and even the death of their handlers and members of the public. Animals are also conscious creatures, so whenever they cannot stand the situation, they will rise up fiercely. Many trainers who work with dangerous animals like lion, elephant, snake... were injured and killed. In more than 35 dangerous incidents since 2000, elephants have bolted from circuses, run amok through streets, crashed into buildings, and attacked members of the public and handlers.

To summary, I strongly believe that it is selfish and mercenary to use animals for recreational activities. Animals also need freedom and respect as human. Therefore, the law was passed prohibiting animals from being used to entertain us.
septem1821 3 / 24 7  
introduction: Nowadays, a lot of countries have introduced the law to protect animals from being use in entertainment activities. However, some people believed that the animals play an important role in giving children opportunity to get close to them and learn about the things they able to do. Personally, I am convinced that there is no reason why animals should be utilized in recreational activities thanks to the following explanations.

a)However, some people believed that the animals play an important role in giving children opportunity to get close to them and learn about the things they able to do. ------------we should not go beyond the given task in the introduction. they did not give whether other people are in favor or not. so , no need to mention this sentence in introduction.

Body: your points

conclusion: your view

Sorry, if it doesn't help you
OP scorpio 1 / 1  
anyway, thank iu :)
Hi,
I understand you are new to the forum. Just to let you know a few things about posting your essays here. All IELTS essays need to be opened in Writing Feedback forum. Then you need to have a meaningful topic in the subject field when opening a new thread.

Personally, I am convinced that there is no reason why animals should be utilized in recreational activities thanks to the following explanations .

Include the following parts in your introduction - Hook, Background of the issue, Your opinion.
You have these features in the intro you have written, but they don't show up in full strength.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; Should all countries have laws to prevent animals being used in circuses ?