Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

'In countries like Japan, the population is getting older' - aging population essay Ielts

rachelye 1 / -  
Thank you guys! I need writing 7. I have tried ielts millions of times and stuck at 6.5

In countries like Japan, the population is getting older, are the effects of aging population on society is negative or positive. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

It is no doubt that aging population has becoming a global challenging issue that many countries in the world are facing right now. In general, with the help of modem science, people are now having a longer life expectancy. Even though longevity is a gift, it might come alone with potential risks and unexpected impact on the society.

Admittedly, there are some issues that have already appeared in the society as a fact with the aging population. First of all, the government have to spare more financial budget for pension benefit each year as the amount of aged people are growing. Moreover, as a large portion of the population is facing deteriorating health, it will induce more medical expenses and social welfare. As a consequences, either the government would suffer a financial deficit or the burden will fall onto the younger generation as the states will need more tax revenue.

However, the effect of an aging population might not be all negative. One of the most obvious benefit is that the older employees can be extremely productive and efficient and this can help the company to succeed. Another positive effect is that the rising demand for aged care industry will create millions of jobs and opportunities for young people and reduce the unemployment rate. Last but not least, it is common to see that a lot of grandparents help out with domestic duties including taking care of their grandchildren to spare up the parents to work.

To sum up, it is probably better for a society to achieve age equilibrium in the population. However, if the population has already lost balance, we need to be ready for more actions and changes to adapt to the circumstances and create opportunities as to embrace longevity as a gift but not as a threat.

Home / Writing Feedback / 'In countries like Japan, the population is getting older' - aging population essay Ielts