In some countries it has been made illegal for people to smoke in all public places.

abhigeorge 6 / 20 2  
It has been proved that smoking kills. In some countries it has been made illegal for people to smoke in all public places except in certain areas. All countries should make these rules. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------
It has been proved beyond doubt that smoking kills. It causes various kinds of life threatening diseases such as oral and lung cancer. To dissuade its citizens from smoking many countries have passed regulations which prohibit them from smoking in public places, except for few designated smoking areas. This is an excellent strategy and should be adopted by other countries as well.

It is in human nature to pay attention only to imminent danger. The pleasure of smoking causes the smokers to turn a blind eye towards its long term ill effects. Even showing grotesque pictures of results of smoking on cigarette boxes has had less effect. If people do not take a responsible stand for their own health, then the government should intervene with restrictive policies.

Having designated smoking areas would force the smokers to walk down to these places whenever they want to smoke. This inconvenience and extra time needed to commute might help to reduce the number of cigarettes they smoke in a day.

Moreover it is not only the active smokers but also the passive smokers who are at risk. Passive smokers are those who do not smoke themselves, however inhale the poisonous smoke exhaled by active smokers. It has been proved that they share similar health risk. This is a sad situation wherein they have to suffer for the indulgence of others. In order to protect the non-smokers, it is better to restrict smoking to specific areas.

Smoking has emerged as the biggest killer in recent times. However, we as a society are far from getting rid of it. Till the time individuals do not find the will to give up smoking, governments of the nations should implement this and more rules to safe guard its people.
It has been proved beyond doubt that smoking kills.

...kills who? what? .... make the sentence sound complete.
Very good introduction. It's well presented :)

It is in human nature to pay attention only to imminent danger..

... I guess you can combine these two paras because the second one is too very short.
Overall, this is a good essay... you show very good writing skills :)

Home / Writing Feedback / In some countries it has been made illegal for people to smoke in all public places.