Task 2: In some countries, many more people are choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past

nguyendo 2 / 2  
In some countries, many more people are choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

Nowaday, the number of one-person households is far more than that in the past. In my point of view, this issue has positive development such as people can be happier because they can do whatever they want at home without any complaint of flatmates, there is a downside at the same time, loneliness is one of the examples.

One of the advantages of living alone is people seem to be more independence, especially young people. Since they are the only one in their house, they have to learn how to take care of themselves and take the responsibility for their own life. They have to cook their meals, clean the house, pay for their own expenses, etc. They can live the way they like without any worry about altercations from family or flatmates when they make some noise or mess in their house.

On the other hand, living alone also has some cons. People who choose to live alone might confront with their physical and mental problems alone. When those individuals get either mild sick or serious illness, they must take care of themselves on their own, whilst the others, who live with family, can be in good hands. Everyone will need someone close enough to share their ideas and emotions at home. But, since choosing to live alone, people might experience the feeling of isolation which leads to depression or autism. In some cases, a lonely person can commit suicide when they are in a desparate situation.

All in all, everything has pros and cons, choosing to be alone is not an exception. People should think deeply before making any decision.
David54 15 / 22 1  
Hallo,

These are little correction for you,

Nowa day, the number of one-person....
... be more independence, especially for young people...
... Since they are the only one in their house,..
... commit suicide when they are in a desparatedesperate situation....
Ifan21 22 / 24 2  
Hey Nguyendo,
These following correction are suggested to you :
Nowaday (Nowadays ), the number of one-person households is more far more than that in the past. .., there is a downside a t at the same time, loneliness is one of the examples (Bear on your mind about topic sentence and coherency between topic and explanation ).

... of living alone is people seem (...), especially young people (Avoid repetition ).
... they like without any worry about altercations from ...

... alone might confront with their own physical and mental problems alone .

Note:
Avoid repetitions, misspelling, sentence coherency...

Thanks, I do hope it is useful for you
Best Regard
Ifan21

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2: In some countries, many more people are choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past