IELTS TASK 2: In many countries, traditional dress and costumes are considered effective ways...

Luthfia Dewi 7 / 12 4  
In many countries, traditional dress and costumes are considered effective ways of maintaining links with the past. How effective can traditional costumes be, in this sense? What other ways exist to help citizens connect with a country's past?

Numerous states around the world would agree in case keep on traditional dress and costumes as a way to connect these time with the past. It might be true since traditional outfit and costume being utility to remind the history. Besides, keeping of traditional music exist also relate this generation with before. Both of these issues will be depicted in the following paragraphs.

The first, the traditional outfit and costumes are eminent for society in case of preserve the culture which each of them has diversity of history. Most inhabitans ought to keen their history of their outfits, such as utilizing them for ritual or traditional events. Indeed, several parts of traditional outfit and costumes have certain value that depend on their belief it has to carry on. For instance, the costume of traditional ceremony in Bali, the participant has an obligation to dress white color up as an holy symbol.

Furthermore, it is remarkably understanding the other way to keep the country's past handed down between generation, that is traditional music. Like in varieties population, tarditional music illustrates the story of life of ancient group of people, such as how they socialize in. Moreover, the traditional music has capability reminding the people about the assimilation of two or more cultures. For example, the traditonal music from Central Java, named Gendhing, which mixturing between the Hindu's traditional music intonation and Islam's messages.

To sum up, recognizing the original culture through either traditional dress and costumes or music traditional music are substantial to connect this era with the past since the culture symbolize the charactheristic of the society.
Lithfia, do not use the term issue when you are not discussing a topic that has many sides or reasons. In this case, you are only discussing a topic as you are not engaged in a debate. An "issue" is a debatable subject for the essay. A "topic" is a relaxed discussion on a presented query. This essay falls under that classification.

Your discussion about the white costume that is worn in Bali for the religious ceremony is incomplete. There must be a reference as to how this costume helps to maintain a link to the past, not just the holiness of the ceremony. In order for this line of reasoning to be acceptable. your defense of your example must be relevant and applicable to the topic. I don't see that within that discussion.

When you discuss the music connection, explain the traditional links of the music. For example, what is the history of the Gendhing and how does it help to connect the Hindu music to Islamic messages? How does that musical link help to keep the people of today connected to that past? Prove your link.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: In many countries, traditional dress and costumes are considered effective ways...