Countries should try to produce all the food for the population and imports

EveIssabelle 1 / 2  

Food self-sufficiency and international trade

Food plays an important, dispensable role in our life. As a consequence of International Economic Integration, there are more countries import food to meet their people's demands and to diversify food sources. However, some individuals have been argued that countries should do their best to produce their own food for residents and cut down less import food as possible as they can. In my perspective, I quite agree with this point of view.

On the one hand, it can not be denied that self-food production will help countries solve a large number of problem areas. First of all, it can create new jobs for inhabitants and diminish a state of unemployment somewhat, which is at such a high rate that most governments all over the world have been handling with, especially the developing ones. The more jobs are offered, the fewer people having to suffer in unoccupied situations would be decreased. It is estimated that a food process needs at least 100 workers to operate, which means 100 people will be released from unemployment. This will help repel a range of social evils and the world would become better. Furthermore, self-food production can promote the enhancing of technical and professional qualifications of workforces, so that the national economy will become more and more developed.

On the other hand, by producing food by themselves, countries would not be much dependent on the importing areas. In case something unexpected happens, such as a crisis occurring in an importing country that could lead to the scarcity of food sources, countries that produce their own food would not get into any serious trouble because they are in a proactive position, they still have plenty of food sources to supply for their residents, which could help these countries stay stable and not be much affected to the economy.

All in all, though rarely a country can accomplish 100 percent of the self-food production, it seems to be a wise move for those encourage it. Being in a proactive place is always better in any circumstance.
Based on the original prompt for this discussion, it appears that you have cut and paste some references from the original. That means, you did not try very hard to paraphrase the presentation. Hence your GRA score will reflect your inability to formulate original phrases and sentences with point deductions. You also do not have a very good grasp of how English words are formed. The word is "cannot", not "can not".

Now, you are asked to write a minimum of 250 words based on common sense, basic known information to the writer, and public opinion. It does not require researched information just to unnecessarily expand the word count. The essay contains researched information. Do not make it a habit of doing research when you write because the testing center will have locked down computers, No internet access. Use only your basic knowledge and ability to write the discussion for the topic. It is useless to write almost 400 words if you do not properly reflect your analytical and discussion abilities in the essay. Writing 275-300 words of your own inductive or deductive reasoning words will be more beneficial to over 300 words of researched information. You cannot do research during the actual test.

Home / Writing Feedback / Countries should try to produce all the food for the population and imports