Writing Task 2 : Any country should be able to sell goods to other countries without the restriction

luthang 1 / -  
Any country should be able to sell goods to other countries without the restrictions of the government.

Do you agree or disagree?

It is controversial whether the government should impose restrictions on the exchange activities between countries. In my opinion, I agree that any nation should be allowed to freely sell goods although this could contain some disadvantages.

On the one hand, permitting unlimited commerce could bring certain drawbacks. Since governments do not establish a trade barrier, several foreign companies could export their goods without difficulty. As a result, domestic enterprises would have less opportunities to develop successfully since they could not compete with overseas brands that both have previous experience as well as financial support from mother companies behind. For example, the open car market in the UK has globally attracted various automobile exporters from other nations, causing a noticeable decline in the number of cars sold by domestic manufacturers. In addition, criminals could take advantage of the free trade policy to commit smuggling, causing viable threats to the public.

On the other hand, governments should allow unrestricted transactions to improve the life of people. By permitting trading ability, goods would not only increase in quantity but also widely vary in model. Thus, customers would gain access to different buying options, fulfilling the unique demand of each individual. Furthermore, multiple companies would potentially lose their dominance as more imported goods are approved. Consequently, they would be forced to enhance the goods quality or otherwise reduce the price to contend for revenue, which directly benefits people purchasing items. For instance, the average cost of motorcycles in Laos has declined significantly after the government granted foreign manufacturers the selling permission, helping numeral people.

In conclusion, I believe that any nation should be able to sell goods to others without limitation from governments despite the following disadvantages.
The writer tried to exaggerate his restatement and opinion paragraph which led to a less than accurate retelling of the orginal prompt. He also changed the discussion instruction through his diect opinion response. The writer set-up his introduction paragraph for an immediate failing score. The discussion topic is based on an opinion, not a controversy. This is a single opinion agree or disagree consideration. It is not an agree or disagree + advantage v. disadvantage debate. These 2 errors will ensure a failing overall score due to the confusing discussion format.

The approach should have been based upon "I agree with the previous statement based on the advantages of such a practice." or something similar. That opinionpresentation is clear and considered non-prompt deviant because the single opinion explanation has an advantage discussion basis. Both paragraphs after will explain the validity or acceptability of the writer's opinion. That is the main focus of the task.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing Task 2 : Any country should be able to sell goods to other countries without the restriction