IELTS; Every country should produce more materials and goods? Agree or disagree?

bein 3 / 10 3  
again, help me to check and improve my essay by giving academic words replacing informal and low level words. Thanks in advance!

Many peole assume that the goal of every country should be to produce more materials and goods.
To what extent do you agree or disagree that constantly increasing production is an appropriate goal?

The development with celerity of science results in a variety of benefits for manufacturing industry. Therefore, many people believe that government should take advantage of this, producing more and more goods. Nevertheless, I do not agree that raising production should be an aim of every nation.

Some advocates of this idea cite that if governments have policies to encourage companies to produce, there will be a huge capitals investing in machines and technology, which leads to an increase in total demand of the economy. I concede that it is true. However, if supply exceeds demand over a long period, it is obvious that the crisis will occur. All the factories operate with the highest productivity to manufacture as many products as they can, nonetheless, consumers do not have enough money to purchase all of them. As a consequence, there will be a considerable number of extravagant goods and companies will have to suffer losses as well as bankruptcy. The crisis in 1929 is a prime example, which caused many losses for countries all over the world.

There are many supporters also argue that people will have more options for consuming with many kinds of products. It may be true to some extent, however, living standards cannot be raised when policies only care about quantity of goods. For example, society will have no remarked development if people can purchase many cars with low price, outdated technology and bringing negative impacts on the environment. Enhancing quality constantly is the best way to improve the living standards.

In conclusion, countries should not merely concentrate on how many goods are produced, ignoring the quality of them. It is a faulty goal on any periods of development.
quote=bein]Some advocates of this idea cite that if governments need to have policies to encourage companies to produce[/quote

However, if supply exceeds demand over a long period, it is obvious that the crisis will occur.

However, if supply exceeds demand over a long period, it would be an obvious disaster.
You have good writing skills... I guess you can go for a very good score .... Wish you good luck! :)
OP bein 3 / 10 3  
@dumi: I hope so :) thanks so much ^^

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; Every country should produce more materials and goods? Agree or disagree?