How Covid-19 have negative impact on my 12th marks

awdheshp 1 / 1  
I am new and my English is also not so good. Pl. suggest for improvement

Current pandemic impact on my low score at exam

In my 12th Exam I got 76% marks based on my internal assessment , I was totally dissatisfied with such low score , my expectation was somewhere ~95%. So I decided to challenge it, I file petition for the same.

Later on review committee approve my case to appear in offline test paper. I was doing my preparation for it but destiny had decided something different for me. Just before the paper I started feeling uneasiness in breathing, cold & fever. Later Test report clear that I was infected with Covid-19 Virus. I was shifted to hospital.

My parents discussed with school authority, they agreed to make isolated arrangement for me, if I discharge from hospital before paper.

It was my fighting instinct, Parents & Doctor's support, which always encourage me in recovery. Finally I went to the exam center, feeling very week, there was no co-ordination in between brain & body , it seems I have no control on my body.

I knew now I cannot achieve what I was expected but still I cannot accept defeat and surrender to the devil , known as Covid-19.
I am not sure if this paper is meant to be used in an academic appeal or, if it is just an English writing exercise. Eitherway, it is too short a presentation. While it this to build up drama in 2 aspects; as a struggling student and later, as a Covid- 19 patient, it fails on both counts. The writer does not adequately convince the leader that he was wronged during the first test and, that he was too affected by Covid when he took the second test. An admission of fault to some degree on the student's part would have helped show repentance and a desire to correct his faults while overcoming obstacles. It would have shown that Covid was the unknown factor that prevented his success.
OP awdheshp 1 / 1  
Thank you Mr. Holt,
I changed it a little bit ,pl. comment

There was anxiety in the environment, nervousness in the mind as July month started but till now 12th examination schedules were not declared, delay in the announcement was increasing the fretfulness. Finally end of July Central board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announce that examination will be started from 20th August. Our heartbeats racing at a hypersonic speed. Excitement was at peak, only sky was the limit of this exhilaration. Examination was not the only reason behind the excitement other reason was meeting with friends. We have not met from last 1 year because of pandemic, maximum of us are below 18 and vaccination is not available for us so parents not allowed us to venture outside.

In the beginning of August I started feeling uneasiness in breathing, cold & fever. Later Test report clear that I was infected with Covid Virus. I was shifted to hospital. My parents discussed with school authority, school offered two option: defer the examination for 1 year and appear in next year or appeared as per scheduled date. I prefer latter one, they agreed to make isolated arrangement for me, if I discharge from hospital before paper.

It was my fighting instinct, Parents & Doctor's support, which always encourage me in recovery. Finally the "D-Day" arrived. I went to the exam center I was feeling very week, there was no co-ordination in between brain & body , it seems I have no control on my body. I completed my exam in this condition

I knew now I cannot achieve what I was expected but still I cannot accept defeat and surrender to the devil, known as Covid-19.

Home / Writing Feedback / How Covid-19 have negative impact on my 12th marks