CPE-Read the two texts below. Write an essay summarizing and evaluating key points from both texts.

Anh Tho 123 1 / -  
Here is the link to extracts: docs.google.com/document/d/1nYL8jzleS5ITEzZZsdRX67Oq3Ucuw0R8/edit. I highly appreciate every feedback. Many thanks.

two texts analysis

The overriding theme of both texts is the principal cause of high engagement with smartphones in today's world. While one extract suggests that design technology is to blame, the other puts it down to an automated manner of humans.

According to the first passage, phone addiction stems from the technology design of platforms. In order to grab more attention, tech design tries to make use of the reward system in the human brain to make us crave more for the pleasure we gain from their platforms. Additionally, in the sense that users' spent time spent is the product to sell to advertisers, websites and applications' owners try their best to have their platforms structured as captivating as possible to extend interactions. I have no disapproval of the belief that persuasive technology design increases people's time consumption on the phone. Apps and websites with colorful, attention-grabbing icons, outstanding features and push notifications are more likely to take effect in grabbing and retaining users' attention, which can be seen in some apps such as Instagram or Messenger.

The second text asserts that the disruptiveness of smartphones comes from humans' inner urge to interact with their phones. People have the habit of unintentionally checking their phone even without notifications, whose duration is even longer than the purposeful interaction. The extract also suggests that among all activities on the phone, scrolling features consume the most time as it provides users low-cost pleasure. I am convinced entirely that the disruptiveness of smartphones comes from humans' habitual and automatic interaction which is driven by humans' normal desire to socialize and be on top of the latest news. Besides, as once the human brain's system is rewarded with pleasure from scrolling up and down mobile phones, it reinforces the behavior to seek more satisfaction.

Personally, I reckon that both tech design and self disruptiveness make a contribution to humans' having eyes glued to the phone. It is phone features' attractiveness that constantly gives people satisfaction. At the same time, human natural irresistibility thereby causes them to yearn for interaction. On the whole, the two texts elaborate on two sources of human high engagement with phones.
Apologies for not basing the review of your essay on the Google Doc you sent a link to. We advise not accessing any files not located on our server due to possible malware, security, and virus issues, regardless of the server location. We do not advise that other students access off site files either. Essayforum will not be held liable for any damage that accessing such documents may cause your system. Reviews for such essays will be done without any reference to the exterior document. Students are advised to upload the text as an image file to our server instead.

The overriding theme of both texts

There is a certain point in the discussion of these texts where the focuses diverge. Do not overlook the separation points of the text as these differences have an effect on the overall presentation as well. These must also be considered when reviewing the information for your evaluation.

Apps and website

Start this part with "I believe that..." since this is the part of the review that represents your opinion explanation in relation to your belief in the given discussion.

interact with their phones

Rather, people have the urge to continously check if there are others interacting with them socially via their phones. This leads to their constant checking of the gadget. Your explanation was a bit incorrect in this part.

Home / Writing Feedback / CPE-Read the two texts below. Write an essay summarizing and evaluating key points from both texts.