The crease on my mom's forhead ; Motivation

Koit 2 / 7  
For the whole entire school year my english teacher has made us pick personal topics and share them with everyone in the class but it now we have to right about a word that means a lot to us and write about its definition so here it is... Please help:)

Motivation. Thomas Edison described motivation as "try[ing] just one more time" but to me this is a far cry from the truth. to me motivation is that gold star you got in kindergarden that eventually falls off. If my mom were here, her word would be lecture. Every night and some times in the morning she grows a crease in her forehead, when she tries to discuss my grades and the passion i once had for learning, gets flustered at my inability to comprehend what she's saying and walks away. The truth is, she's right.I don't find the need for the gold star, anymore. Its not lazinesses, just the fact of being frozen. If you take a minute to think about it, your life for the most part, has been replicated each and everyday and will be for the rest of your life. Go to school for a while, then get a job, raise a family. But how can you find the motivation to go along with it? I envy people that can hold on to their star, for its the sliperest thing you could hold on to. As a child you were born into it, but like other things, such as innocence, it just disappears. Some people are probably appauld of even shocked by my perspective, giving any example to change my understanding but the fact still remains why. Why do I need that gold star? I want that crease in my mom's forehead to go away, the stomach ache to appear eveytime I get in trouble or don't do a homework assignment, I want to be excited about life, school, friends, everything, but why? I believe motivation is a psychological disorder but a good one. There's something a nerve of some sort that triggers people to "ooo and ahh" at the star like bugs to a light. But the shine to my star haslong faded and hasn't returned. Motivation is an instict, something that some have and others don't. Thats it,nothing more.
If my mom were here, her word would be lecture.

... sounds confusing :( why you say - her word would be lecture?

Every night and some times in the mornings she grows a crease in her forehead

Every night and some times in the morning she grows a crease in her forehead, when she tries to discuss my grades and the passion i once had for learning, gets flustered at my inability to comprehend what she's saying and walks away.

.... this line is too long and therefore disturbs your flow.... Consider shortening it.

I believe motivation is a psychological disorder but a good one.

... great idea :D ... good one indeed. However, sometimes you can be motivated for doing wrong too :)

I want that crease inon my mom's forehead to go away

I want the crease on my mom's forehead to vanish forever.
OP Koit 2 / 7  
Thanks for your reply... I was never really good at grammar:)

Home / Writing Feedback / The crease on my mom's forhead ; Motivation