You created something using your bare hands, and your takeaway from the experience

IkennaBlack 1 / 2  
An event that was memorable in my life that involves uses of my bare hands is when I prepared food for people who are in need. My father and I were coming back from the hospital, because I have just finished one of my rounds of chemotherapy and I was feeling disconsolate. So in a attempt to cheer me up later in that day my dad took me to D.C Central Kitchen were way prepare food to give out to the people who are in need. He knew that this was one of my favorite places to volunteer at the time and it also puts a smile on my face. But this time was different it was noisy because of thanksgiving, so the kitchen was packed full of people trying to get the food in order for the next day. To contour act the noise I took a few step back along with some deep breaths soon after I remember what I came here for, and that was to cook for the needy. That little reminder put my mind to ease, once I was finished I got right back to work. My team and I was in charge of making pies, my job on the pie duty was to roll out the dough for the tops and also to take out the pies to put on the cool rake. By the end of the day we made about two hundred pies for different families. After that that I went over to my dad and said, "Thanks for bring me" and then he smiled. On that day I truly knew and understood the expression "killing two birds with one stone."
arguanoid 6 / 10 1  
Introductory sentence seems overly generic, if at all necessary

Home / Writing Feedback / You created something using your bare hands, and your takeaway from the experience