The creation of a government is definitely for solving the problems (welfare) of the society

thelearner 2 / 2 1  
GRE issue essay- how could i improve this?

Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, describe specific circumstances in which adopting the recommendation would or would not be advantageous and explain how these examples shape your position.

Hi guys!.This is the topic for my GRE issue essay. It's a bit urgent( I have only one more day to practice).Also, I need to get atleast a 4.

The creation of a government is definitely for solving the problems(welfare) of the society, and problems here does not confine to the present or future, but all the problems the society faces.Also, solving a present day problem will not only be beneficial for the present, but also make tommorow bright.Because, if it isn't solved today it would continue till tommorow and as long as it isn't curtailed.Focusing only on tommorows problem would undermine such present problems, which is not one expects from an effective government.

"Democracy is for the people, of the people and by the people", said Abrahim Lincoln implying that a Government(in which he wished it to be democratic) formed by the people works for the welfare of the society.Why is the government formed? For solving problems that cannot be done by individuals themselves, or neither by certain groups of the society(because of the limitation of the power).Whereas, a government exercises it's power for the benefit of the society.For instance, subsidising the price of a costly commodity, such as renewable energy,which all the individuals would not be able to afford on their own. This instance not only applies to the problems of today but also would have continued, unless attended.Imagine a power cut due to shortage and uncertainty of its restoration.By reducing the const of renewable energy, take solar power, the government has solved this power crisis problem and also the uncertainty associated with it is eliminated.

On the other hand,many anticipated problems are not always likely to become reality. It obviously depends on the how they are anticipated.So, wasting time to solve such "anticipated" problems the government should focus on today's problem, first.

Lastly, the future problems must not be ignored completely, for they may become a great disaster, if ignored.But, the preference should be given to the present first and then the future, not the vice-versa.

All in all, I would say the government should be committed to solve as many problems of the society as the could, but by laying emphasis on the present first, then the future.
confusee123 5 / 14 4  

Governments all over the world, were formed with the noble objective of redressing societal problems while keeping an eagle eye (or if you are reluctant to write eagle eye, you can rephrase it by saying that public welfare were uppermost in the minds of the people who wrote the Constitution). out for public welfare. A centralized system is key to resolving not only the issues faced by the common man at present, but also prevent additional grievances from taking place.

Basically your essay lacks sentence construction. The idea is there, but it is not articulated strongly. If you are quoting a famous person ,make sure the quotes are " " and should be written in past tense if that person is no longer living (in your e,g Abe Lincoln).

All in all, I would say the government should be committed to solve as many problems of the society as the could, but by laying emphasis on the present first, then the future.- you can rephrase this thus - In conclusion, I am of the opinion that the government should devote its time and energy into solving as many problems of the society in the shortest possible time by placing emphasis on current global issues which can set the precedent for steps taken to prevent making the same and possibly ,worse mistakes.

I hope this helps .good luck on your essay!

Home / Writing Feedback / The creation of a government is definitely for solving the problems (welfare) of the society