Critical review: Education technology and the future of the classroom

Thuymac 1 / -  

review of the specified article

The article "Educational technology and the future of the classroom" was posted by David Glance on June 4, 2014 in the newspaper named "The Conversation". David's article presents empirical evidence on the importance of technology in education. In general, it is a very good and positive prediction when technology has not developed strongly.

In 2011, the EduTech National Congress, a conference and exhibition of educational technology, was started with 520 attendees. David Glance, director of UWA Centre for Software Practice, reported the information of this conference and based on it, along with his personal opinion, wrote "Educational technology and the future of the classroom". According to David, technology has a very important position in the field of education, but he also advises us to apply it reasonably and expect schools to accept the application of information technology in teaching.

In the article, the author mentioned the benefits of technology in education. For example, the transition from using regular text books to increasingly interactive online teaching tools, or children spent 9 months to achieve the computer literacy of the average office worker. However, there were a lot of obstacles to the adoption of technology in education 7 years ago. Online courses were not everyone's concern at that time, and governments viewed education in a short-term perspective, countries were driven by test scores (Sir Ken Robinson). David didn't use technical or specialized vocabulary and avoided terms that may be unfamiliar to readers in order for general audience to understand. Moreover, he formulated an opinion based on his experience and observation, with other people's quotes (Sir Ken Robinson) to support his point. Finally, this article was carried out in 2014, at that time, there was a lot of controversy. But in recent years as technology has developed, people have seen the positive when applying these technologies to education so it is up-to-dated.

In conclusion, the author wrote this article to affirm the importance of technology in education as well as raising people's awareness about the issue of educational technology. This article, therefore, should be highly appreciated.
presents empirical evidence on the importance of technology in education

Based on what thesis? What were the discussion topics you believed to be valid? How Was his article developed?

David's

Use the author's last name since he is not a personal acquaintance of yours. show respect for the author.

reported the information of this conference

Based on what theme? How is that relevant to his article/ research paper?

[quote=Thuymac]didn't[/quote]
This is an academic paper, do not use contractions, use both words and spell it out.

technology has a very important position

Why? Use supporting evidence and review these critically.

there was a lot of controversy.

Because? Explain the reasons based on changing times.

The presentation is more of an incomplete summary rather than a critical review. In fact, it is too short to be considered one. There are no contradictions, questions, or critical discussions provided in your presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Critical review: Education technology and the future of the classroom