Culture and Language. When we want to learn abroad culture, we have to master the language first.

sasariri 17 / 25  
Some people think that a person can never understand the culture of a country unless they speak the language.
Do you agree with this opinion?

Recently, some people think that when we want to learn abroad culture, we have to master the language first. Understanding the native language from that country is able to make our studies easier, but personally I strongly disagree that we are forbidden to learn local culture before we can speak local language fluently.

To begin, supporters of this issue argue that speaking the local language is the main pre-requirement to know the local culture. Firstly, by understanding the native language, people can interact more intimately with the local inhabitants. This is because local inhabitants usually can not speak other language so when we can speak with their language, we can understand their explanation, of course we also can explore the local resources about the culture. Another benefit is that we can learn the culture through an independent way. This is because we can travel alone around that country to explore the culture without using the guide or expert.

However, language has not to be a limitation. This is because, nowadays, there are several resources about the other country's cultures that have been translated into the various language, so we can learn with our mother language. For instance, in this cutting-edge era, most of people who want to know about the cultures of the other countries, can find the resources from the internet using their sophisticated gadget. They only have to type the key words even without go to everywhere. As a result, people do not need to go abroad or learn abroad language and if they want to study about the cultures, they can learn every where and every time.

To sum up, understanding the local language gives many merits to learn local culture. However, in my point of view, learning novel cultures not only have to master the language first, but also it can be learn by using the internet tools and translated books.
MaximKlopunov99 13 / 22 4  
Hello Sari,
in general, I like your essay but I found a couple of mistakes:
- is ablecan help
- we are forbiddenadvised to learn local culture
-try to avoid repetiotions (local inhabitants= locals, dwellers or native people)
-speak with their language
- every whereeverywhere .
That's all. Bye - bye.
fauziyahtami 22 / 38 6  
Hello,
Hope you doing well, lemme give you some suggestion

==> ... before we can speak (the) local language fluently.

... usually can not speak other language(s) so when ...
*you already mention the reasons, better yet if you give at least one example using 5W1H to sharpen your view
*you can add more reason from another view to strengthening your opinion

.., most of(the) people who want to ...
*you have done great, you complete your view with explanation, example and result

==> ... gives many merits to learn(ing) local culture.
... but also it can be learn(ed) by using the internet ...

Good luck and keep writing :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Culture and Language. When we want to learn abroad culture, we have to master the language first.