Ielts - "culture shock" - nowadays more people traveling around the world

elnora 1 / 1  
Nowadays there are more and more number of people traveling around the world. Some of them travel for entertainment and have a rest, others go abroad in business purpose.

From my point of view, it is important for travellers to be aware of the culture,traditions,religion,language,mentality, norms and standards of the place they com into contact with, because every country ha its own features. Therefore,people should have some knowledge about the current country that they are going to visit as it brings many benefits and makes tourist's journey easier and more pleasant. As for businessmen this knowledge gives a great opportunity to make prospect deals. One of the main advantage for businessmen and tourists is to know the language of the country, This useful skill will help them freely communicate with local people. It is also essential for travellers to understand and respect customs and traditions of the place the stay in. This will reduce "culture shock" and will help to avoid unpleasant incidents. Likewise,people should have an idea about the law and rules of the country prior the traveling. This will prevent problems associated with the law. For example, in some countries photography of government buildings or monuments is a criminal offense. Moreover, it is important for travellers to have a brief outlook about religion of the destination place. If an individual visits a Muslim country he should be aware of the religion's features. For instance, in Iran a female traveller is officially expected to cover her hair and body.

Thus,not knowing about the country's specific characteristics may lead to different problems and misunderstanding. For example,if a traveller not informed about standards and norms of the place he came to,he can say something wrong or make incorrect joke in this case he can offend local people and get negative response.

So, it is obvious that it is essential for travellers to have a brief outlook about the place they come into contact with.
HC2013 3 / 15 2  
Nowadays there are more and more number of people traveling around the world. Some of them travel for entertainment and have a rest , others go abroad in business purpose .

From my point of view, it is important for travellers to be aware of the culture,traditions,religion,language,mentality, norms and standards of the place they com into contact with, because every country ha its own features. Therefore, people should have some knowledge about the current country that they are going to visit as it brings many benefits and makes tourist's journey easier and more pleasant. As for businessmen this knowledge gives a great opportunity to make prospect deals. One of the main advantage for businessmen and tourists is to know the language of the country, This useful skill will help them freely communicate with local people. It is also essential for travellers to understand and respect customs and traditions of the place the stay in. This will reduce "culture shock" and will help to avoid unpleasant incidents. Likewise,people should have an idea about the law and rules of the country prior the traveling. This will prevent problems associated with the law. For example, in some countries photography of government buildings or monuments is a criminal offense. Moreover, it is important for travellers to have a brief outlook about religion of the destination place. If an individual visits a Muslim country he should be aware of the religion's features. For instance, in Iran a female traveller is officially expected to cover her hair and body.

reevaluate the red items, and try to be a little less repetitive.
WarpedMonk 1 / 2  
I think that your paragraph is clustered. You should try making a different paragraph for your examples.
historyfreak13 4 / 11  
I don't know I feel like you should be less telling the reader what you than showing. Most colleges I heard are looking for good writing becuase it stands out, so to make ur essay stand out I would suggest that u show rather than tell. Hope i could help:)
OP elnora 1 / 1  
HC2013
Thank u for pointing out my mistakes)What grade can i get out of 9? this essay is for IELTS task 2

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts - "culture shock" - nowadays more people traveling around the world