"It's more than a cup of coffee" - ENG grammar

Tapple20 1 / 1  
It's more than a cup of coffee.

Coffee shop is my first destination where I would like to go every morning since I have first experienced the tasty of coffee. When passing by any coffee shop, I smell the freshly roasted coffee bean that always refreshes and clears my mind. It really stimulated me to walk inside and order one for myself, you could call me 'coffee addicted' and I do accept it without any excuse. I always have at least two cups of coffee within a day.

Near my present office in Sathorn; center of Bangkok area, there are many coffee kiosks by the footpath and coffee shops, one of them is my favorite. 'Khon Korat' is the name of this coffee shop, which means to people who was born or live in Nakornratchasima province in the North-East of Thailand, is hometown of the owner.

This shop is located as a little corner in front of Tungmahamek police station because of the owner is a policeman who work there, normally his wife is whom to operate shop and responsible as a barista role. Sometimes her mother assists her made the customer's order, it's a warmly picture to see. You could see the bright orange colour of the roof from outside. Things that catch my attention beside the taste of coffee are the arrangement of oldie cowboy style with antique designed tables that make the place more interested and relax atmosphere at front under the big tree. I always see welcome smiles on the owner faces and I am surely that if you go there you would see a welcome smile from them. They provide a perfect respectful service which is the best.

I walk there every day in the morning to buy a cup of iced coffee; iced espresso is my favored one. Actually, when you order 'espresso' in the international franchise or five star hotels coffee shop, you would received black coffee in a strong short, only in Thai style that you would get milk blended coffee but called 'espresso'. "Espresso is a method of making strong coffee. It is not a specific bean or roast level. Espresso is derived from a French word 'expres' which means 'especially for' and it is specially made for one person. The most popular espresso is from Italy. From the term 'to put under pressure' that means forcing hot water under pressure through finely ground coffee" (Yang; 2010).

I like spend my free time in coffee shop not only have a cup of coffee to drink but also enjoy the environment of coffee shop. I love the time that I could read the interesting book meanwhile to taste satisfied drink and food, and observe varieties of people personalities in coffee shop. Lot of things I could learn and gain from a cup of coffee although by my intention or not. People might think it's just a cup of coffee. For me, it's more than that.

Reference source:
Yang ,Amy Ou., (2010), Espresso Coffee beans online, retrieved from ezinearticles.com/
?Espresso-Coffee-Beans-Online&id=4282121 on October 14, 2010.
graceechen - / 2  
The problem with your essay, is that you take a too literal. The essay is not asking for a description of coffee.
The coffee shop is my first destination where I would like to go every morning since I have first experienced the taste of coffee.

...because of the owner is a policeman who works there. No rmally his wife is who operates the shop and is responsible as a barista role. Sometimes her mother

I always see welcoming smiles on the owners' face, and I am sure that if you go there you would see a welcoming smile from them.

What citation style are you using? If it is APA, use a comma instead of a semi-colon:
... through finely ground coffee" (Yang, 2010).

Lots of things I could learn and gain from a cup of coffee although by my intention or not. People might think it's just a cup of coffee. For me, it's more than that.
OP Tapple20 1 / 1  
Thank you very much both of you @Qin Grace Chen and @Kevin, EssayForum.com,
I think no one would interest my post, at first.
I try to make it better. :)

p.s. 'too literal' means?
doyin1 8 / 18  
since I have first experienced the tasty of coffee.
it should be ''since i first hd my taste of coffee.''
i agree with the moderator
try to persoalise the essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / "It's more than a cup of coffee" - ENG grammar