IELTS writing task 2: the custom of families having meals together is on the verge of disappearing

ngochuyen60 1 / -  

What are the reasons? What are the impacts?

It is true that the custom of families having meals together is on the verge of disappearing. There are a number of reasons behind this phenomenon and there are several significant impacts on family bonding.

That people do not have a tendency to have a meal at home can be attributed to two primary reasons. One reason is that they have a hectic work and study schedule. Having fast food is a better choice for them because it is easily- found and affordable. A meal near working space is suitable for them to continue working whenever they want. Furthermore, many people tend to eat out with friends. They prefer having fun and enjoy delicious food in a restaurant to having meals with parents

As a consequence, several related problems can be anticipated. From the perspective of the family, in Vietnamese culture, family meal is considered important, it is time for a family to gather. If you do not have meals with other members for a long time, it will result in a weaker family bond. From the perspective of nutrition, eating out regularly or eating a lot of fast food do harm for your health due to the fact that fast food is high- processed. While meals at home are clean and green providing sufficient vitamins and minerals to build a strong immune system for family members.

In conclusion, it is clear that there are myriad reasons for the decline in family meals and the effects are negative.

Thanl you in advance !
roswita116 16 / 37 17  
@ngochuyen60
Hi, there. I would like to give you some feedback about your writing.😁😁

First of all, about your introduction, you should write down general statement and rephrase viewpoint or problem.
(Nowadays, the custom of eating together around the table with relatives is vanishing. This cause the distance between family members. The following essay will illustrate some factors of this and how it influences the society)

Then about your conclusion, it is better to restate the factors and the impacts briefly instead of writing one simple sentence.
(In conclusion, eating out regularly is one of the factors that cause family members not getting together to eat. Although it is efficient to our life, it may lead the weak relationship between relatives. )

Hope it world help ! 😁😁😁

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task 2: the custom of families having meals together is on the verge of disappearing