Damage of Hurricane Katrina

Hieupham1994 1 / 2  

the impact of Katrina hurricane on florida area

In August 2005, a massive typhoon called Katrina destroyed the Southern United States, it crashed in New Orleans the biggest city in Florida, causing huge losses to the economy and human lives. New Orleans Levee system including Industrial Canal, Lake Borgne, and Lake Pontchartrain was fully overloaded. By the afternoon of August 29, nearly 20 percent of the city was submerged and 80 percent was underwater by the day after. According to Britannica's report, the hurricane killed more than 1,800 people, cost 160 billion US dollars and it directly decreases the population of New Orleans fell by 29 percent from 2005 to 2011. The damage of Hurricane Katrina devastated seriously the economy of the United States, especially in the Florida States; forcing millions of people to fall into homelessness, and lack food and clean water.
The information provided should be more complete. Mention all the areas affected in the Southern United States by degree of effect. Make New Orleans a special mention because it was the most devastated by the hurricane. correct the description from a typhoon to a hurricane since the latter is the correct term for the weather disturbance that occurred. Also, the hurricane "landed" rather than "crashed" since the storm made "landfall" at the time. The levee and canals were destroyed rather than overloaded. These all crumbled under the heavy rainfall conditions. Watch out for incorrect tense presentations. Do not use current tenses. These all need to be in past tense based on the year the event happened. Florida is a state.There are no states within Florida. The state system of the U.S. does not work that way. Florida States is incorrect terminology,
OP Hieupham1994 1 / 2  
Thanks so much for your support.

Home / Writing Feedback / Damage of Hurricane Katrina