IELTS Essay about DANGEROUS SPORTS needed

jangchul 1 / -  
TOPIC:
Some people think that governments should ban dangerous sports, while others think people should have freedom to do any sports or activity.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

People often have different views about whether dangerous sports such as hang gliding and car racing should be prohibited. Although there are good arguments in favor of this ban, I personally believe that it is better to give participants the right to follow the sports they want, as long as they are well-trained and fully aware of the safety guidelines.

On the one hand, banning dangerous sports might be reasonable given the safety of the participants and other people. Firstly, it can prevent possible injuries for the players, who might easily get hurt if they neglect the coach's guidance or when the equipment malfunctions. Besides that, making extreme sports illegal can minimize unnecessary casualties, not only for the player but also for the spectators who happen to be near the site. The fact that extreme sports might be dangerous and cost people's lives explains why many people urge the government to take drastic actions.

On the other hand, I am convinced that that extreme sports should not be forbidden. First, people deserve to have the right and freedom to pursue whatever sports they want to. We are living in a democratic era where individual's interests should be respected as long as these choices are not against the law. Therefore, it would be improbable for the authority to ban dangerous sports - a leisure activity shared and enjoyed by many people. Second, the so-called notion of "dangerous sports" is actually not as dangerous and risky as people often assume. Participants usually have to go through some training beforehand to ensure that they know how to do the sports properly and safely, which can minimize accidents caused by participants' carelessness or negligence.

For the reasons above, it seems to me that although there exist some safety-related concerns towards extreme sports, they should be made optional for people.
The first paragraph does not provide a restatement + opinion. Rather, the writer entered into a direct discussion in what should have been a mere paraphrasing paragraph. It does not accomplish the following:

- Present an accurate representation of the orginal topic
- Refer to the 2 public opinions individually
- Create a comprehensive thesis opinion

This misrepresentation is enough to make the test - taker fail the first half of the test, leading to an insurmountable low over all score. Please provide an accurate version of the orginal instead. When discussing the public opinions, present your point of view for each. Indicate why you do not support or, why you support the public opinion. That would be the most score efficient way to discuss the topic.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Essay about DANGEROUS SPORTS needed