Data on the changes in the proportion of women in Australia who gave birth to their first child

jenniele 1 / -  

IELTS WRITiNG PART 1: BAR CHART

The bar chart compares and contrasts data on the changes in the proportion of women in Australia who gave birth to their first child according to 6 different age groups in 1966,1986 and 2006.

An overview of the bar chart reveals that the figure for women aged 20-24 and 19 and under witnessed a downward trend over period surveyed, while the reserve was true for the other four age groups.

The proportion of women aged 19 and under was nearly 34%, which was lower than that of the aged between 20 and 24 years old , at over 60%.Then , the year 2006 saw a moderate drop to nearly 11% in the percentage of women in the aged of 19 and under. Similarly, there was light decrease to around 30% in the figure for 20-24 years old , after 40 years.

In terms of 25 or over age group, the proportion of women aged 25-30, 30-34 years old, the aged of 34-39 and 40 or over was just over 35%, roughly 12%, nearly 8% and 3%, respectively, in 1966. Afterwards, the proportion of women who were 25-30 years old underwent a slow decline to approximately 35% in 1986.After that, this figure stayed almost unchanged until 2006. Likewise, the 30-34 age group experienced dramatic rise to about 47% after 20 years. In a similar fashion, the figure for women aged 34-39 grew a significantly to over 31% in 2006. The figure for women aged 40 or over remained stable at around 35 and 4% from 1986 to 2006.

20 minutes. That is how many minutes you have to write the straightforward report based on the given image. That means you will do well to not overwrite in the reporting stage. Anywhere between 175-190 words will be sufficient enough for you to get the best possible score. By writing 257 words, you have written a Task 2, not Task 1 essay. The assumption will be that you focused on simply the LR section of the essay scoring bracket rather than the overall TA, GRA, LR, and C&C scores.

The presentation does not show a wide variety of punctuation uses. You only used a comma and period for the most part. The presentations lack clarity as you tended to present more long sentences only rather than a proper mix of simple and complex sentences. Do not just focus on one aspect of scoring. Balance your presentation to highlight each aspect of scoring. Work on the clarity of the presentation. Not just the language usage skills.
tuongnam 3 / 5  
In my perspective, I sIn my perspective, I suppose that the writing task 1 don't need to mention everything in the graph but concentrate on major characteristics which easy to see. Therefore, it could reduce the number of words as well as make the information easy to understand for the reader. Besides, you should make a trend from 1966 to 2006 and don't need to put 1986 in your report to reduce the number of words. uppose that the writing task 1 don't need to mention everything in the graph but concentrate on the characteristic

Home / Writing Feedback / Data on the changes in the proportion of women in Australia who gave birth to their first child