Daylight Saving Time Bears A Unique Matter

Hujjatul19 45 / 70 3  
A new puzzle appeared in Samuel and Ronan's birthday. Due to the daylight saving time that required time to retreat an hour, the first child was then younger that his twin. Fact said that Samuel was born at 1.39 a.m. on sixth November, 31 minutes later, his twin brother was given a birth but the o'clock set at 1.10 a.m.

Source : cosmopolitan
Mujja, your summary is short and distinct. You definitely presented the sole important information, with an acceptable explanation of daylight savings time in the essay. However, you could have added some other important information to make the summary more informative. Information like the fact that the twins have a 2 year old sister, this was the first time that such a birth happened at the hospital, and that the parents actually tweeted about the confusing birth. By the way, the name of the hospital should have been included in the summary since that is where the twins were born. That said, I have to tell you that you used such a lighthearted manner of writing the summary that I almost did not want to call your attention to the missing and weak data that you have in the essay. Always make sure that you note the important information before you write your summary. You have enough time during the test to make sure that you don't miss out on anything that can affect your final score.
ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Mujaddidah,

I am not really sure whether this is an acceptable a summary or not. It might quite different from others and I think it is too short. Thus, I recommend you to write more than this one. Adding one or two sentences would be adequate to fulfill the necessary information that you want to describe.

Also, my suggestion is that you need to avoid writing a long-but-complicated-and-inaccurate sentence like this "Fact said that Samuel was born at ..." It is better to split them into two sentences like this. In fact, Samuel was born on the sixth of November at 1.39 a.m.. In 31 minutes later, his twin brother followed him at approximately 1.10 a.m.

Hope this helps :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Daylight Saving Time Bears A Unique Matter