Death penalty or a life in prison for murderers?

andytranhung 4 / 7  
Please help me with this essay. Thanks.

By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

The question that whether or not our society should pursue death penalty is currently well prominent among activists. Whereas a growing number of people believe that death practice is also a form of committing murder, many people disagree with such idea. From my perspective, each side of the argument has their own reasons and this issue still needs more careful scrutiny in order to be assessed adequately.

On one hand, modern philanthropists all over the world are denouncing death penalty as a cruel and brutal punishment. They argue that when criminals actually committed to a crime, it is essential for judges to consider all the reasons behind. As a matter of fact, in most cases of homicide, the murderer is just a certain consequence of all of his surrounding factors, including poor education, maintaining poverty, or even family pressure. Moreover, if we convict someone to death, the final outcome is that there is another person to be dead, and the issue is still unsolved.

On the other hand, the majority of our society approve that death penalty is an effective way to curb the current killing situation. When people face with a decision to kill someone, they must know that there is a death sentence waiting for them. This approach helps to educate and threaten future criminals of a severe responsibility. At this moment, many countries, ranging from highly developed nations, such as the US, to developing countries, for instance, Vietnam, are applying this death penalty to murderers.

In conclusion, my opinion is that death penalty seems to be more reasonable and appropriate. In particular, in countries where criminals are plentiful, this approach is able to provide a useful tool to help settle the circumstance.

__________________
Do not say WELL PROMINENT. Prominent is not the kind of word that goes with "well."

The question that whether or not our society should pursue death penalty is currently well prominent among activists.

From my perspective, each side of the argument has their own reasons and this issue still needs more careful scrutiny in order to be assessed adequately. It is better if you take a stand a choose a side. At the end of the first paragraph, tell whether you agree or not. :-)

On one hand, modern philanthropists (Choose a different word. A philanthropist is one who donates money.) all over the world are denouncing death penalty as a cruel and brutal punishment.

They argue that when criminals actually committed to a crime, it is essential for judges to consider all the reasons behind the act.

As a matter of fact, in most cases of homicide, the murderer is just a certain consequence product of all of his surrounding factors, including poor education, maintaining poverty, or even family pressure.

On the other hand, the majority of our society approve of the death penalty and believe it is an effective way to curb ...

In conclusion, my opinion is that death penalty seems to be more reasonable and appropriate. In particular, in countries where criminals are plentiful, this approach is able to provide a useful tool to help settle the circumstance.---In the United States, we use the death penalty, but we also have a high rate of capital crime. For that reason, maybe we should think again about how effective the death penalty is for reducing capital crime.

Okay, most importantly, add your argument to the end of the first paragraph. You should also give some discussion to show WHY you argue in favor of it. You gave arguments fro both sides. Why are the arguments in favor of the death penalty stronger?

:-) Great job!!
winniesun 9 / 19  
The facts in your essay are also useful for the topic of "Fixed punishment for each type of crime?"
Good job!
:)

Home / Writing Feedback / Death penalty or a life in prison for murderers?