IELTS; Death Penalty makes our lives more secure & decrease the crimes of violence

Azizat 1 / -  
Without capital punishment (the death penalty) our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment is essential to control violence in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Over the past few decades, capital punishment which was popular in medieval time, is coming back to some countries. Some people claim that without this punishment our lives would be less secure and crimes of violence would increase. However, others think that it's not essential to control violence in society. This essay will take a closer look to both pros and cons of capital punishment.

I'd like to present some arguments in favour of capital punishment. Firstly, murderers will think carefully before doing crimes, so that the death penalty would be a frontier to them. Secondly, coutries will save huge amount of money, which they oughted to spend on survival of murderers at prison.

While it's true to think that capital punishment is essential to control violence in society, I think murderers can also be sent to prisons, where they won't have the death penalty. It's clear that murderer at prison could be quiet and friendly with everyone, but it doesn't make us sure that he/she would be so calm after being isolated some time. Another disadvantage of the death penalty is that there would be crime to crime, i.e. death to death.

To sum up, I would note that if capital punishment would be accepted, we don't know will the number of crimes of violence decrease or not. My own view is that if the death penalty can be accepted, but the better punishment for murderers would be sending them to prison, so that they'll stay there for the rest of their lives.
Over the past few decades, capital punishment which was popular in medieval time, is coming back to some countries.

Over the past few decades, the capital punishment which was used to punish people in medieval time, has made a come back in some countries.

Firstly, murderers will think carefully before doing crimes, so that the death penalty would be a frontier to them.

First, it would make people be cautious before committing crimes.

which they oughtedoughtto spend on survival of murderers at prison carrying out legal prosecutions and maintaining prisons for criminals

You write good, but pay attention to your essay structure; You need to have at least 250 words and I have a feeling you are short of word count here. Also, in your body paras you need to give specific examples to back your reasons.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS; Death Penalty makes our lives more secure & decrease the crimes of violence