Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

General debate whether the environment damage is serious or acceptable to the international laws

Eric2750230 7 / 11 6  
WRITING TASK 2

You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.

Write about the following topic: To what extent should economic planning be influenced by the need of environmental conservation?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

Please grade my essay from 1 to 9 with 1 being the lowest and 9 being the highest.

Recently, there has been a contentious debate between different political and social groups of whether the environment damage is serious or acceptable to the international laws but one thing that is indisputable is that environmental pollution is horribly increasing and nothing has been done to counter the problem -- both objectively and economically.

While the government authorities are cognizant of the fact that environmental pollution is on the rise but since most of them are produced by large multi-national corporations and is a source of large tax revenues; they are faced with a difficult dilemma. Hence, they are irresolute and much time is wasted debating on whether they should give up large amounts of tax revenues to cure the environmental problem or keep earning tax revenues so that they spend more on developing the economy by improving the infrastructures and so forth.

From a scientific standpoint, I believe that it is crucial to alleviate the environmental pollution and remain oblivious to the tax revenues that it will lose because what good is earning an income if people can't live in a suitable environment?

However, from an economic perspective such reckless draconian measures can cause huge problem for the economy because what good is of living in an environmental-friendly place where people will lose jobs from the big corporations and die of hunger?

Therefore to conclude, I think both the tax revenues and environmental pollution should be brought together and compromised so that taxes are earned and also people live in a suitable environment where few pollutions are tolerated if not completely eradicated.

Home / Writing Feedback / General debate whether the environment damage is serious or acceptable to the international laws