"dedication to mom" - people who influenced my values in my life

markweeta 1 / -  
Though there are many people who influenced my values in my life, I believe there is one person who showed me a lot more than the rest and this lovely lady is my Mom. My mom has taught me to strive for whatever it is that I want, but with wanting something comes a price. She has shown me that if I want to succeed in anything, then I will have to give it my all. Another important value that she has taught me is if I am going to start something then I have to complete it. This value plays a big part in my life and motivates me with my tasks. It is what motivated me to continue staying focused in school well! Trying to, from my freshmen years right until my senior years. She takes the responsibility of raising children seriously and works diligently to instill values.

Education is a priority in our home. When I was young, my mother read to me for hours on end, quizzed me for my weekly spelling tests, and answered my myriad questions. As I grew older, she brought me to the library, provided a quiet place to study, and taught me how to use reference materials to find the answers to questions on my own. Alongside this academic base, my mom provided a moral grounding with life lessons designed to teach determination and responsibility. Although helping with household repairs felt like a chore, I realize now that I was learning to take care of my own home one day. My mom brought home a ceiling fan once and asked me to install it. The task seemed overwhelming, but my mom insisted that I read the directions, look up helpful hints on the Internet, and gather the needed tools. Within a few hours, we watched the ceiling fan spin around with pride showing on both of our faces. Time spent cooking at my mother's side and sorting out light-colored laundry not only taught me life skills, but enabled me to spend time with my mother and know her better outside of her role as a caretaker. She is an amazing woman and her influence has helped me to be a competent and confident young lady.
linmark 2 / 328 7  
I believe there is the one person who showed me a lot more than the rest and this lovely lady that stands out the most, is my Mom. My mom has who taught me to strive for whatever it is that I want, but that with wanting something comes a price.

what price? a price I must be prepared to pay??

Trying to, from my freshmen years right until my senior years.

Please make this a complete sentence.

Your mom sounds like a great role model (and lovely lady!!)
megha 7 / 13  
you can use the court to
If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other, the whole world would kick the beam. ~Lord Langdale (Henry Bickersteth)
I like the first sentence, but I would add a comma:
Though there are many people who influenced my values in my life, I believe there is one person who showed me a lot more than the rest, and this ...

Another important value that she has taught me is if I am going to start something then I have to complete it. --- for each thing she taught, it would be good to SHOW with an example of something she did or said. Let the reader figure out that she taught you each value. Let the reader see examples. ("Show, don't tell")

You should cut off the meaningless part Though there are many people who influenced my values in my life, I believe there is one person who showed ...

Is this all one paragraph? Write some paragraphs. Make each paragraph about a single idea. For every idea you write about, start a new paragraph, and start that paragraph with a topic sentence.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / "dedication to mom" - people who influenced my values in my life