Deficient water resources: causes and solutions

akari 4 / 12  
Water is vital for all living creatures on our planet and has become increasingly deficient recently. Global water problems are attracting increasing attention. There are a series of reasons causing this problem and some possible solutions will be raised in this essay.

First, it is undeniable that the rapid population growth is a considerable contributor to water shortage over the world. Water shortages are becoming more and more serious in many areas of our planet due to the increasing demand on water supplies for households, agriculture and manufacture.

Moreover, the lack of awareness about the value of water is another culprit of water crisis. In many countries where water is still available enough people tend to perceive water as either a cheap commodity or an infinite resource. For this reason, the unbridled use of water is commonplace, accelerating the exhaustion of this valuable resource. Spontaneously, governments also lack law enforcement to prevent water from being wasted, although this global problem is happening at an alarming rate. Human-induced pollution is worthy of concern as well, a factor regarded by many as the root cause of the rapid loss of drinkable water. The untreated discharge of numerous pollutants in water bodies such as heavy metals, organic toxins is believed to cause severe impact.

Finally, climate change is drastically affecting the global water availability. For example, droughts occur more frequently and seriously in many areas, whereas others are hit by foods that ravage everything including dams, canals, and reservoirs. As a result, the water supply problem will intensify.

Preventing water crisis from reaching catastrophic level needs more concern of people and governments worldwide. It can be an effective ways to raise awareness among all citizens about the shortage of water and what we will have to face in the future if the uncontrolled water usage is not stopped, so that people will use water more reasonably. Governments should implement laws or taxes in order to punish inappropriate use of water. In agriculture, new technologies such as rainfall water harvesting, drip irrigation ought to be invested and applied in areas undergoing water shortages. It would be a useful way to provide water to coastal populations to enhance study for desalination, which is the practice of converting saltwater from oceans into drinkable water. Finally, people should protect our environment and treat discharge of pollutants before release them to environment
oko 1 / 26  
I think this is a great piece you have used excellent vocabulary.
You have explained the causes and solutions very well, and it makes the reader think.

My only suggestion to improving is that mabye when you use words like First, secondly, finally,etc. you could change it and make the text stand out more by using words like,

- In addition to
- However
- Whereas
- Last but not least...

Do you get what I mean... my english teacher thought us this trick in secondary school.
But the piece is great. :)
Can you please read mine and give me some feedback on my descriptive writing.
OP akari 4 / 12  
Dear all, Please correct this essay for me, thank you so much
jayk 4 / 9  
Hi Akari,

This is a really good essay, very easy to read and understand.

I only found 2 errors -

whereas others are hit by foodsfloods that ravage everything including dams, canals, and reservoirs. As a result, the water supply problem will intensify.

Preventing water crisis from reaching catastrophic level needs more concern of people and governments worldwide. It can be an effective way to raise awareness

Great Work !!
OP akari 4 / 12  
Thank you so much:)
JesusH12079 1 / 1  
There are a series of reasons casing this problem and some possible solutions will be raised in this essay.
this sentence leading into your essay should really be omitted, it contributes nothing to the essay and makes you sound more like a novice writer.

but other then this you essay is rock solid and is very insightful
OP akari 4 / 12  
Are there any other mistakes in my essay?
partooz 5 / 13  
I like your essay because you are talking about something unique. However, during my first read, I saw that in the second paragraph and perhaps the whole paper, you used too many transitional phrases. You should mix your writing with simple sentences and complex sentences. Overall, the content is good.
paul1911 1 / 5  
It seems to be a very little mistake and can be omitted. I like the way you have presented, it is in a logical order and the way to have linked your ideas!! Overall its better.

Home / Writing Feedback / Deficient water resources: causes and solutions