IELTS WRITING TASK 2: Deforestation - Give your opinions and solutions

JasmineNguyen 2 / 4 2  

excessive logging trees in forests

It is apparent that the forest plays an essential role in the ecosystem as well as human life. However, nowadays, they are felled by logging industries for human purposes, causing bad consequences to the environment. As a result, it is urgent for societies to take steps to mitigate these potential problems.

The overwhelmed deforestation causes a negative impact on the environment. First of all, wild animals who inherently live based on the resources of the forest will lose their dwells and food when trees are logged. The overwhelmed deforestation contributes to the extinction of endangered animals due to a lack of food. Second, trees are considered to be a respiratory system that helps to filter pollutants in the air. Therefore, the cutting down of trees in a large area leads to a decrease in air quality. Moreover, trees are contributors to diminishing the increase in greenhouse gas. Thus, the removal of myriad forests results in the global heating causing the climate change.

It is urgent for both communities and the government to handle this problem. In terms of government, they should impose strict regulations that prohibit illegal deforestation. Besides, the planning of logging activities for agriculture or construction should be controlled seriously before implementation. Next, the government should increase the awareness of citizens about the critical role of the forest through education and propagandized campaigns. In terms of communities, it is necessary to create a habit of reducing, reuse and recycle in their daily life. They should participate in activities for planting trees that are held by the local authority or private organization, which contributes to more green spaces in the country. These solutions mentioned above need the attempt of both government and society as well as the proactive corporate of them.
vuthuylinh2611 19 / 61 1  
I think your essay will be better with a conclusion. In addition, as you didn't post the question in full, I don't know if it required you to discuss the effect of deforestation or giving your opinion on deforestation.
In order to review your essay based on the prompt requirement, I need to have a copy of the actual prompt. Since there are several practice essays regarding this topic, I cannot be sure of what the actual discussion reference for your essay is, even though I have a comprehensive listing of all the Task 2 questions. Please provide the prompt next time you post at this forum. In the meantime, here is a general review of the grammar related mistakes in your work.

I believe your essay will score better if you do not focus on using advanced vocabulary when the sentence can be completed using simpler words. You don't need to impress the examiner with your vocabulary knowledge, you need to impress the examiner with your ability to present your clear thoughts in the essay. That is often done using simpler vocabulary. For instance, saying "apparent" when the word "clear" will do a better job of delivering a coherent message in a sentence will help your LR, GRA, and C&C score. Bad consequences is not a good descriptive adjective. It tends to create a blurred sentence meaning and presentation. Using terms like adverse or dire consequences would have worked better for the clarity of your presentation.
OP JasmineNguyen 2 / 4 2  
@Holt, @vuthuylinh2611
Thank you for your comments.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2: Deforestation - Give your opinions and solutions