'Degree of happiness' with a job is more important than having a high salary

je2ks2 19 / 10  
Thank you again! your feedback really helps me a lot!! :-)

topic: being happy with a job is more important than having a high salary.

When it comes to a job selection, the most contributing factor differs one person to another. Some people may choose their job depending on the amount of income, while others may decide to get certain job since it brings happiness to them. This essay will examine why being content with one's job is far important than any other factors when choosing a job.

To begin with, the degree of happiness with a job determines a worker's tenure. The more one is satisfied with his/her job, the longer he/she will remain his/her job position. Accordingly, satisfaction derived from work itself makes a person stay the job longer.

In addition, one's work efficiency is relatively constant. That is, one's work efficiency will not be vulnerable to outer changes. Imagine a company is planning to cut down workers' salary. Those whose work efficiency is driven by money will be damaged by this change. On the other hand, the worker who is content with his job will not be much affected since money is not important matter for him/her.

Finally, there would be much less chances of getting stressed out if one is happy with his/her job. Regardless of the stress they get from their workplace, they just keep working. In other words, they simply like what they are doing now since the work brings them pleasure. For them, working can be a means of reducing their stress.

To sum up, what really matters in choosing a job is the degree of one's happiness with his/her job. First, worker's tenure is longer if a worker is satisfied with his/her job. Also, work efficiency remains constant regardless of some change like wage cut-down. Moreover, a person is less stressed out since he/she finds his/her job interesting. Thus, being happy with a job is more important than a high salary.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You've written a good essay! Here are some editing suggestions:

the most contributing factor differs from one person to another.

others may decide to get a certain job

the longer he/she will remain in his/her job position.

Accordingly, satisfaction derived from work itself makes a person stay with the job longer.

planning to cut down workers' salaries.

money is not an important matter for him/her.

Finally, there would be much less chance of getting stressed

work efficiency remains constant regardless of changes like reduction of wages.

One last thought: all those "his/her" and "him/her" references are a bit distracting. There is usually a way to write a sentence without using those terms. For example: "a person is less stressed out when the job is more interesting."

Best of luck in your studies!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / 'Degree of happiness' with a job is more important than having a high salary