Describe the heart lung machine -IELTS

xucoi 14 / 41 10  
Hi guys, this is my essay about heart lung machine at least 150 words, i dont have diagram because it is in book. It's a picture of heart lung machine which includes oxygenator, pump, temprature adjuster and filter. Hope you guys will help me check my essay. Thank you very much :D

As a class assignment, your tutor has asked you to write about a heart-lung machine. Using the diagram below, write three or four paragraphs describing the circulation of the blood on bypass through a heart-lung machine.

The heart lung machine is used for open heart surgery. It helps carefully stop the heart while still maintaining the blood circulation for the surgery. The heart will be stop slowly and the blood from machine will gradually replace the natural blood.

The heart lung machine consists of five main parts. They are oxygenator, pump, temperature controller and filter and tubes. The oxygenator functions as the lung and the pump is operated as the function of the heart. The tubes is connected to machine

The machine work as follows: firstly, poor blood from the plastic tubes goes to oxygenator where supplies oxygen for blood. Next, blood transfers directly to the pump. The pump turning with sensible velocity pushes the oxygenated blood to adjuster. Temperature in blood is changed to adapt to the body. After that, blood is filtered for bubbles and other harmful substances. Finally, blood is returned to patient's arterial system. Following the preparation for heart, the heart is restarted and the heart lung machine is removed gradually.

The heart lung machine is very important in open heart surgery. It helps not only save many lives but also do many other experiments.
Misius 4 / 12 3  
The heart will be stop slowly and the blood from machine will gradually replace the natural blood

I won't use "will". The heart is stopped.. gradually replaces...

pump is operated as the function of the heart

operates as

The tubes is connected to machine

are connected to the machine

The machine work as follows

works

poor

pure?

where supplies oxygen for blood

which?

Temperature in blood

The blood's temperature
The heart willbe stop slowly and the blood from machine will gradually replace the natural blood.

The heart will be stopped / The heart will stop
"function" is a better key word that goes with heart;
The heart would slowly stop functioning while the blood pumped from the machine will gradually replace the patient's own blood.

The oxygenator functions as the lung and the pump is operated as the function of the heart.

The oxygenator functions as the lung while the pump performs the functions of the heart.

The tubes isare connected to the machine
OP xucoi 14 / 41 10  
Hi Misius and Dumi
I'm so glad when receiving your comments.

pure?

. Oh no, It's exactly poor. Because before blood goes to oxygenator, it does not have oxygen at all. :D. I heard in the video on youtube, that blood is so-called poor blood.

Dumi, I have not understood why we use "would" in the first and "will" in the end of sentence?
malhamed 9 / 19  
that blood is so-called poor blood.

you mean it is a scientific word??
OP xucoi 14 / 41 10  
No, It isnt. It's not scientific word. I think that word used to describe unoxygenated blood is appropriate.

Home / Writing Feedback / Describe the heart lung machine -IELTS