Describe and interpret the data about energy usage in Australia

nguyen thi lien 1 / 1  

energy used for different kinds of purpose

Given are two figures providing a comparison of the percentage of energy used for different kinds of purpose in per Austrailan family and the prevalance of greenhouse gas emission from these activities

It is evident from the information provided that almost people spent the largest proportion of their using on heating while water heating was the area receiving the second share of consuming and it is also the cause of greenhouse gas emissions the most.

The percentage of spending on heating was highest in Austrailian household at 42% while they allocated just 7% of their using energy for refrigeration.In terms of water heating , the figure was double as much as other appliances , at 30% and 15% respectively.Lighting and cooling were the two least outstanding groups in the amount of consumed energy with 2% and 4% in total.

It is also interesting to note that the popularity of greenhouse is far more common in water heating than in any other factor revealed at approxiamately 32%, which was twice as much as that of heating. An amount of 28% of other appliances was seen in causing greenhouse gas emission effect , which was followed by refrigeration with only 14%. Lighting accounted for 8% in comparision with only a negligeble 3% of cooling in Austrailian families greenhouse gas emissions.
themetalfinger 2 / 5  
Firstly, I don't see any chart attached so I cannot examine how exactly you describe those charts. But I recognized some of your mistakes.

Given are two figures ... -> The pie charts provide information/ give breakdowns of/ show the distributions of/

almost people
it is also the cause of ...: Actually I don't know what you mean because you didn't upload the charts. but on this essay, you use the simple present so it would be "was" and "the most"

The percentage of energy spending ... while they allocated ... for refrigeration This figure for refrigeration took up/ made up/ accounted for around 7%

... the figure was double ... 15% respectively (I don't know what took up 30% and 15% and you had to show the reader what that number represented for) -> doubled proportions of A and B, which are 30% and 15% respectively.

It is also interesting to note You are not allowed to show your personal opinion in the chart description.

To be honest, you should upload your charts so we are able to help you thoroughly.

Home / Writing Feedback / Describe and interpret the data about energy usage in Australia