a short essay describing yourself as a person

hopeanngroff 2 / 1  
a short essay describing yourself as a person as well as yout long term carrer aspirations.

College is something I have looked forward to all my life. I had dreams to change the world. Now the time has come to turn those dreams into a reality. College is an experience that will prepare me to conquer hesitations and change lives. A wonderful path to change lives, I believe, would be nursing. I have always enjoyed science classes. I believe science allows you to explore new ideas and depths to discover yourself and your surroundings. I plan on attending the University of Central Missouri to major in nursing in the fall of 2014. I would love to be a pediatric nurse to help children. The most important years in one's lifetime are when they are young growing up. Children are always leaning new concepts and trying to understand life. The potential affect a nurse could have on a kid is immeasurable. It could be the only chance a child gets accurate help for a problem. Children tend to get scared and can't communicate issues. To possibly be an opening to help children communicate their issues and help families learn how to care for their children is an opportunity to change the world to me. I also want to attend college to better myself as a whole. I strive to be a successful well rounded person who can contribute to my community. I must be able to support myself out in the "real-world." There are no guarantees there will be someone to help me and back me up financially. I have acquired skills to support myself and I will not be forced to be dependent on someone else's financial backing. I want to be a role model to my community and family. I want to be respected for my intelligence and love for children. I appreciate you considering me for this opportunity to fulfill my dream in becoming a nurse, to make a difference.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
The potential affecteffect a nurse could have on a kid is immeasurable.

The potential of a nurse to influence a kid's recovery cannot be measured.

I would love to be a pediatric nurse to help children.

Tell you love to be around children and therefore you particularly love this field :) Here you need to describe about yourself in addition to talking about your career aspirations. So make every opportunity to describe your character as well. That aspect seems to be not attended properly.

Very good point. Yes, you need to tell them things that help them know you as a person to understand that you are the right candidate for this program. Only a little is said in that respect in this short answer. Tell them about your interests in a more lively and personal manner. Pahan's above suggestion is a very good example for your approach . You love children and therefore you are confident of being with them and helping them a speedy recovery :D

Home / Writing Feedback / a short essay describing yourself as a person