Descripitive Paragraph: Christmas Time / Holiday Cheer

Granger17 1 / -  
Instructions
A descriptive paragraph is usually developed by using a series of descriptive facts which together make up the picture the writer is trying to describe. The author gives details which point to the picture introduced in the topic sentence. It is important to include most of the sensory impressions: sight, sound, smell, taste, and touch. After you write your topic sentence, decide which details you wish to include in your description. The natural order is the order in which the various parts of the picture appeared to you. Use descriptive connecting words and phrases. Use descriptive nouns and adjectives. Has to be 230 words.

Here is what I have so far...

Holiday Cheer

Holiday cheer is infectious and warm, the smell of cookies, gingerbread men, and hot coco dance around the house; as the sounds of children playing outside and C.D.s of Christmas carols play in the background. Warm cider and freshly baked Christmas cookies dance across my tongue as deliciously sweet candy canes are passed out. Dazzling bright blinking lights wrap around a huge Fraser Fir decorated in dozens of ornaments of all different shapes and sizes some as small as a tiny snowflake and some as large a doll-sized Angel. Christmas Eve is spent last minute shopping, running around the mall in a panic. Preparing for Christmas dinner, decorating cut-out snow men sugar cookies for Santa and finding carrot sticks for his reindeer. The best part of winter is Christmas.
Holiday cheer is infectious and warm, with the smell of cookies, gingerbread men, and hot cocoadance aroundfilling the house, as the sounds of children playing outside and C.D.s of Christmas carols play in the background.

... blinking lights wrap around a huge Fraser Fir, decorated in dozens of ornaments of all different shapes and sizes, some as small as a tiny snowflake and some as large a doll-sized Angel.

Christmas Eve is spent on last minute shopping, running around the mall in a panic.

Also, pr eparing for Christmas dinner, decorating cut-out snow men sugar cookies for Santa and finding carrot sticks for his reindeer.

:)

Home / Writing Feedback / Descripitive Paragraph: Christmas Time / Holiday Cheer