Descriptive essay about an extraordinary island

Ayman64 1 / 1  
I was asked to write a descriptive essay about a place I like. So, I've chosen Socatra island as a place that I'll write about. I'll be glad if someone check my essay and I'll be happy to know if there are some sentences that might be better if they are changed or ommited :)))

Extraordinary Island

If you know Yemen, you must have heard about Socotra island, but do you think that you know a lot about this incredible island? Socotra is more closely linked with Africa than Arabia and that makes it a unique island. It's separation from Africa occurred approximately six million years ago , as a result, many animals and plants which are living there are endemic species. In other words, it has the rarest animals and plants that found nowhere else. During my life I've visited a lot of astonishing places, but I've forgotten most of them, however, one place that I'll never forget is Socotra island because of its nature, climate, flora and fauna.

Socotra island is a wonderful nature wonderland. It has a lot of extraordinary beaches with snow-white dunes. Tourists enjoy visiting those beaches with its warm golden sand dunes from which they can enjoy the scene of the quiet blue sea and hear the sound of its waves when they are sloshing the shore .One of this beaches is Shoaib beach which is visited by a lot of tourists who are keen to scuba diving and swimming. Moreover, green lands in Socotra are also one of its beautiful attractions. For example, sheltered valley is one of the best places where you can see the ground covered with green plants and hear waterfall's crashing sound as the water moves down the stones .All these landmarks make Socotra an unusual island, but that's not all.

If you look at the size of Socotra, you can hardly imagine that it has hundreds of rarest animals and plants. Firstly, while you are walking in this island you can see different kinds of animal. For example, if you are lucky you'll be able to see the civet cat which you can see nowhere else. Also, all around you can hear seagulls sounds. Moreover, Socotra has the rarest plants in the world. For example, the most famous plant in Socotra is the dragon's blood tree and it has the shape of an upside-down umbrella with the long and stiff leaves.

The climate in Socotra is very distinctive and changeable during the year. From june to September there are strong winds hitting the island. During this time many people move from coastal regions because of the strong winds that can destroy the stalls. However, it has pleasant climate on winter. Although it doesn't rain a lot there, sometimes you can feel the warm drops of rain falling from the sky.

In conclusion, Socotra island is the most wonderful place I've ever been to. It is an extraordinary island which has a lot of unusual species and the most astonishing nature which consists of the beautiful beaches and green lands, endemic species and changeable climate. Even though I've visited a lot of places, the place that I'll never forget is Socotra island.
Socotra is more closely linked with Africa than Arabia and that makes it avery unique island.
In other words, it has the rarest animals and plants that cannot be found nowhereanywhere else.
During my life I've visited a lot of astonishing places, but I've forgotten most of them, however, one place that I'll never forget is Socotra island because of its amazing and very distinct nature, climate, flora and fauna.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
From june to September (a comma)there are strong winds hitting the island and destroy the stalls. During this time Hence (a comma) many people move from coastal regions because of the strong winds that can destroy the stalls . However, it has pleasant climate on winter comes out . Although it doesn't rain a lot there, sometimes you can feel the warm drops of rain falling from the sky.
Socotra island is a wonderful nature wonderlandis a paradise for those who love nature. It has a lot of extraordinary beaches with snow-white dunes. Tourists enjoy visiting those beaches with itstheir warm golden sand dunes from which they canand enjoy the scene of the quiet blue seaocean while listening toand hear the sound of itsthe waves when they are sloshing the shore .One of thisthese beaches is Shoaib beach which is visited by a lot of tourists who are keen toon scuba diving and swimming.
OP Ayman64 1 / 1  
Thank you all. I really appreciate your help and I'll try to improve my writting skills more :)))

Home / Writing Feedback / Descriptive essay about an extraordinary island