[IELTS] 'Developed Countries' - World literacy rates by region and by gender.

bozhidar94 1 / -  
The bar chart shows illiteracy rates by region and by gender for the year 2000. Overall, it can clearly be seen that female illiteracy rates are much higher than that of the male.

As far male are concerned, lowest illiteracy rates ware in Developed Countries with 1%, East Asia/Oceania with 8% (approximately) and Latin America/Caribbean with 10%. Highest rates were in South Asia, Arab States and Sub-Saharan Africa with 55% (approximately), 52% (approximately) and 48% (approximately) respectively. It is apparent, that the illiteracy rates for males in those three counties are quite similar.

Female illiteracy rates was much higher. Highest rates ware in South Asia, Arab States and Sub-Saharan Africa with 55% (approximately), 52% (approximately) and 48% (approximately) respectively. Again it can clearly be seen that the rates for those three countries are quite similar to each other. Lowest rates were again in Developed Countries with 2%, Latin America/Caribbean with 11% and East Asia/Oceania with 20%.

Bivek3 2 / 5  

The bar chart shows illiteracy rates by region and by gender for the year 2000. Overall, it can clearly be seen that female illiteracy rate are much higher than that of the male.

As far male are concerned, lowest illiteracy rates ware in Developed Countries with 1%, East Asia/Oceania with 8% (approximately) and Latin America/Caribbean with 10%. Highest (highest what???) rates were in South Asia, Arab States and Sub-Saharan Africa with 55% (approximately), 52% (approximately) and 48% (approximately) respectively.

>> Please correct the spelling of were

It is apparent, that the illiteracy rates for males in those three counties are quite similar.

Female illiteracy rates was rates were much higher. Highest rates ware were in South Asia, Arab States and Sub-Saharan Africa with 55% (approximately), 52% (approximately) and 48% (approximately) respectively.

>> rate instead of rates,

Again it can clearly be seen that the rates for those three countries are quite similar to each other . Lowest rates were again in Developed Countries developed countries with 2%, Latin America/Caribbean with 11% and East Asia/Oceania with 20%.

>> Please dont start with "Again" you can start with "It can be clear seen" or "It can clearly be seen"

Sorry to say that I found a lot of mistakes.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS] 'Developed Countries' - World literacy rates by region and by gender.