IELTS Task 2- Developed and developing nations should both combat climate change

Katherine_Tu1101 3 / 5 3  

Who's responsible for tackling climate change?

Some people think that developed countries have a higher responsibility to combat climate change than developing countries. Others believe that all countries should have the same responsibilities towards protecting the environment. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Write at least 250 words. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

With the environmental issues being disregarded in the past few decades, they start to bring plenty of significantly and unexpectedly negative impacts on our daily life. Therefore, human beings begin to raise the awareness of issues, such as sustainable developments and carbon emissions, and governors discuss solutions on international conferences officially. The question of what each country can do to protect the environment has become more and more prominent. However, some people believe that all countries around the world are equally responsible when it comes to combating climate change while others think that developed countries have a greater responsibility than developing countries.

Apparently, there's no doubt that climate change is a universal, global problem; thus, solutions are necessary to be a global scale, too. In my point of view, developed countries should be the first responders to deal with climate change issue than developing countries since they possess more resources and professional knowledge. In addition, developed nations are obviously more capable of leading other nations to find proper solutions and take actions to solve this severe global issue. Another reason is that all kinds of pollutions that had been caused by developed countries in the past decade are destroying Earth continuingly nowadays, they should take the first action to prevent our planet from walking at the edge of dying.

On the other hand, developing countries should also combat climate change by following developed nations' instructions. Although they have a limitation on providing professional advice, they still can cooperate with developed nations, improve the carbon footprints and do their best to protect the mother nature.

In conclusion, combating climate change isn't the issue only for developed countries to concern about but for every nation on Earth. Perhaps, developed countries seem to take more actions than developing countries, but in fact, developing countries should take responsibilities as much as developed countries do. Overall, in order to maintain our life quality, I firmly believe that all nations should stay in positive attitudes towards not only the aspect of coping with climate change but also the environment around the world.
Thangnguyen315 8 / 24  
@Katherine_Tu1101
I think you should provide more information in your third paragraph so that your essay can be fully developeed instead of giving only 2 sentences.
Also, you can give some examples to prove your opinion

Regards
greynd 3 / 8  
Hi Katherine_Tu1101,

I do recommend that you follow a strict structure for each type of question. In discussion essay, you are expected to analyze both arguments in approximately equal length, which you failed to do.

More importantly, your focus should be on the body paragraphs (where most of your reasoning and examples are at). Writing a lengthy introduction and conclusion would do you no good. Show you critical thinking in the body paragraphs.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@Katherine_Tu1101
Hello there.

First and foremost, there's a general observation that you focused more on curating content that's for the background of the topic. You had evaded answering the fundamental question. While you were able to reiterate and give out substantial information as to the progression of environmental concerns, you were unable to answer who specifically should be responsible for these changes. I suggest trying to revise the overall content in relation to this commentary.

Overall, your writing style is quite impressive. There is dynamic pacing in your writing, making your structure useful when it comes to showcasing how you can curate long-form content. You had smooth transitions between your lines and had an effective tone spread throughout.

Having said that, focusing more on the depth is critical when you are writing. Try to elaborate more on the topic and focus specifically on that. Afterwards, we can discuss how you can improve your writing through creating more concise sentences.

Best of luck as always.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2- Developed and developing nations should both combat climate change