DEVELOPING COUNTRIES AND ADVANCED COUNTRIES ON THE ENVIRONMENT ( IELTS TASK 2 )

xtunx 4 / 9 6  

Dealing with the climate change

Task 2:
Some people think that developed countries have a higher responsibility to combat climate change than developing countries. Others believe that all countries should have the same responsibilities towards protecting the environment.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion
.

In recent years, as global warming has been receiving a great deal of media attention, the question of what each country can do has become more prominent. Many people think that all countries are equally responsible for preventing climate change. By contrast, others are convinced that advanced countries have a greater responsibility for this. Although I am in favor of the former opinion, this essay will discuss both views.

There are two compelling reasons for the belief of regarding advanced countries as having greater responsibility than developing countries among people. One of the reasons is those countries have tremendous source of money and advanced installation, which developing countries cannot facilitate. As a matter of fact, due to this substantial economic as well as technological potentials, developed countries are the most likely to invest in this issue. The other reason is that non-advanced countries often have a plethora of other severe issues, including poverty. Due to this indubitable fact, many people make this as an excuse to avoid looking into climate change seriously.

Nevertheless, it could be argued that every country must take action to alleviate climate change. We must consider the fact that most pollutants come from developing countries. For instance, in 2018, the proportion of emissions in China was so high that it was even blown to American countries and caused severe repercussions on the atmosphere. Furthermore, only by sharing responsibility in this environmental combat could we gain the most positive outcome. In fact, if every country invests carefully in environmental issues within its territory, global warming will no longer be a concern for the whole humankind.

In conclusion, it is my firm belief that all countries should equally take part in protecting the environment we are living in. Only by that, climate change would diminish and no longer become a threat to the humankind.
ratter 3 / 6 2  
I think your essay has shown a standard format for a discussion essay. About the ideas, I do not have much to say but I think your essay is clear and good. Good job!

Home / Writing Feedback / DEVELOPING COUNTRIES AND ADVANCED COUNTRIES ON THE ENVIRONMENT ( IELTS TASK 2 )