Developing and industrialised countries in science and education - Chart description

kainam 1 / 3  
Topic - The chart below shows the levels of participation in education and science in developing and industrialised countries in 1980 and 1990

answer -

The chart shows how involved developing and industrialised countries were in science and education in years 1980 and 1990.
The first and the second charts show the average years of schooling and number of scientists and technicians per 1000 people of country population. As it is clearly seen industrialised countries have significantly greater results in both charts comparing to developing ones. Compared to 2 years of schooling in 1980 and 3 years in 1990 the industrialised countries have excelled this numbers by almost four times having 8 hours in 1980 and 10 in 1990. The secont chart has similar picture. THe number of scientists and technicians in advanced countries were three to four times higher 40 people per 1000 in 1980 and by 1990 this number have rose significantly to 65 per 1000 by contrast, in third-world countries in 1980 there was only over 10 people per 1000 with a slight increase to 20 people in 1990.

The third chart shows the substantial deference in amount of money spent by countries on research and development. In this case developed countries have spent three times more in 1980 150 billion and 10 times more in 1990 spending 350 billion, while developing countries in 1980 have invested only 50 billion and in 1990 have reduced their spendings by 30 billion.

Taking into consideration the given information it is possible to draw the conclusion that despite a significant drop in founds in 1990, the same year developing countries have shown a positive improvement compared to 1980. As for industrialised countries they have achieved great results increasing years of schooling, number of scientists and technicians and spendings on further development.

Thank you
abc1400 17 / 32  
You should indent beginning of each paragraph or enter a blank line.
OP kainam 1 / 3  

answer -

Thank you
sobin 12 / 24  
hi,
i read your essay.
i think you need to make some changes in your introduction sentence.
apart from this,i could see repetition of words all through the essay.eg-show
finally, there are some spelling mistakes in the essay
all the very best for your exam
OP kainam 1 / 3  
thank you for your reply.

my bad found one wrong spelling " difference" uh... " funds" . What is your suggestion for firs paragraph what about "The chart shows the level of involvment developing and industrialised countries were in science and education in years 1980 and 1990" ?

and what repetitions I mean there are some but ....
OP kainam 1 / 3  
How about

The chart show the upward trend in developing and industrialised countries level of engagement in education and science in years 1980 and 1990? )))

in third-world countries in 1980 there was only over 10 people per 1000 with a slight increase by 10 more in 1990. )) ??
sobin 12 / 24  
the chart provides information about the involvement of developing and industrialised countries in science and education in 1980 and 1990.
(its just my view..)
n i suggest you to use some other words like gives,indicates,depicts to avoid the repetition
:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Developing and industrialised countries in science and education - Chart description