IELTS WRITING TASK 2: the development of technology and its implication

bsm_25 3 / 5  
Topic: when a country develop its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extend do you agree or disagree?

In the modern era, since the introduction of computers, the acquisition of knowledge and new skills seem to be easier and amazing. Some people believe that the traditional skills and ways of life should not be keep alive while others argue that such kinds of pricelessly cultural value will exist forever. In my opinion, the former and the latter idea have both negative and positive effects on people's lives for the following reasons

Firstly, with the development of technology, people have tendency to spend more time improving their computer literacy and exploring fantastic functions of computers and high-tech media such as staying in touch with their family and friends all around the world via Facebook of Skype. The important and practical skills like coordination, communicating and broading social network become easier to be accumulated. It is likely unnecessary to keep the traditional skills and lifestyles such as readings books, sending gifts by parcel which are out of date. People should only develop practical skills which help them to improve for their careers and render obsoletes. By approaching to new and updated technology, we can conveniently facilitate our living standard and the countries' economies will be more developed.

Nevertheless, it is undeniable that the traditional skills and ways of life always play and indispensable role on our lives. The culture took thousands years to form should be reserved and kept through generations. With the young generations always keeping updated with the newest technology, they seem to be act the same. For example, it is hard to distinguish a teenager from others in the street because they all wear T-shirt, play music on I-pod and move to the music. People, especially the young, have the same schedules, waking up late in the morning, then going to offices or schools and paying attention on their smartphone or going online via the Internet. It is a waste of their valuable time on such kind of things. No sooner do the young act the same everyday than the cultural assimilation will become true in the near future.

In conclusion, it is clear that the development of technology has effected our lives in many positive ways. However, we should keep updated with the new technology and simultaneously reserve out traditional skills as well as our traditional culture to become better in life.

Please help me to check the grammar, vocabulary as well as idea. Which IE writing band do you think this essay could be gotten? Special thank!!!
In the modern era, since the introduction of computers, the acquisition of knowledge and new skills seem to bemore easier and amazing .

I feel you should have a hook that relates more with your prompt.Your prompt actually talks about technology in general and it does not have special reference to computers. This is what I suggest;

Rapid advancement of technology has brought many changes into the lives of people.

In my opinion, the former and the latter idea have both negative and positive effects on people's lives for the following reasons

... Actually, your prompt comes with just one argument and you are requested to state your position on that.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2: the development of technology and its implication